Irish Mountain
Running Association

Tonelagee and Clockwise lap of the Lake

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Gareth LittleJan 15 2013, 9:38amHi, is there any chance that this race could be moved to the Sunday as WAR Glendalough is on on the same day.

Thanks,

Gareth
cormac O CeallaighJan 16 2013, 7:51pm Gareth- i admire your optimism ! the out doors calendar has become jam packed . the outdoors is the new pepsi cola! I think imra's priority is mountain races which take precedence.

But must be some flexibility, for example for the 2nd year in a row the connaught champs clashs with Snowdon - I hope the committe will change the date. In the interests of promoting internationals and bringing on up coming runners, and developing their confidence at international level, snowdon race date should be set in stone . It needs priority and runners should be encouraged to take part. I missed it last year for the first time since 2003 in favour of the West- not this year , Snowdon will previal, and hopefully the connaught champs when the committe change the date.
Richard NunanJan 16 2013, 9:34pmHi Folks,

The Calendar has been updated to facilitate both requests.

The same request was facilitated for Tonelagee last year to avoid both these races interfering with one another.

Connaught Championships has been swapped to a different weekend to enable people to have the choice this year. We would like to encourage as many people as possible to attend a great weekends running at the Connaught Championships.

IMRA are under great pressure to fix race routes and dates early in the year in order for us to gain the Permits required for the whole year. As these are to be submitted this week. We will be unable to facilitate further changes.

Jeff FitzsimonsJan 16 2013, 10:03pmI am glad I sat down to mark up my target races on my Irish Runner wall planner at 21:40 and not 21:33!
Mick HanneyJan 16 2013, 11:13pmIn my opinion the move of the Connaught champs is liable to leave as many people unhappy as happy? I used to look forward to those bank holiday weekends with the Saturday and Sunday races. Its harder to justify the travel on a non holiday weekend.
Nora LalorJan 17 2013, 3:16pmIndeed we unfortunately marked our w/end calendar before 21.30pm last nite & so will miss our planned trip west. People doing Snowdon will still miss an IC race on Lug.
Brian O MurchuFeb 1 2013, 7:10pmAnyone planning a recce? Would like to go with
Theo MooneyMar 29 2013, 2:38pmHi there, I volunteered for this just now, its been a while since I've taken part with IMRA, if someone could contact me to direct when/where I should meet you all on the day for volunteering?
Vivian O'GormanApr 12 2013, 3:21pmI am away for weekend will put more info up on Mon or Tues.

Just need a couple more volunteers especially laptop and first aid.

Thanks
NIamh O CeallaighApr 14 2013, 9:40pmVivian,
I''ll be at the race and planning to run, but if you need, I can do laptop for registration and results and can show one of the other volunteers how to operate it during the race itself - as that part is straightforward.
Maike JurgensApr 15 2013, 5:33pmi could volunteer but would need a lift from Sandyford if you still need volunteers. it would be my first time volunteering, too but would be happy to do whichever job.
Greg ByrneApr 16 2013, 10:22pmHi Maike, can you send me an email to gregdbyrne~at~gmail.com and we'll sign you up with the volunteer list and sort out lifts. Greg
theo mooneyApr 18 2013, 1:37pmAre any volunteers driving from ballyfermot walkinstown area?
Greg ByrneApr 18 2013, 10:24pmJust a reminder to everyone thinking of running on Sunday. This race will be on an unmarked open mountain route. Competitors must be capable of navigating their way around the course. The mandatory kit is:
1. map of route
2. compass
3. whistle
4. rain coat
5. hat or cap
6. gloves
If you don't have the mandatory kit you can't run.

You may also be asked at registration to give the required bearing from the summit to the western edge of the lake, or from the lake back to the summit.

Anyone wondering why we ask for mandatory kit should read the race reports from last weekends Glacier Lakes.

While the forecast predicts the rain to be lighter, there is likely to be snow on the mountain with low cloud & rain passing throughout the morning. Be prepared and you'll get one hell of a race.

Brian O MurchuApr 19 2013, 10:31amAnyone going to this race that could offer a lift from Dublin area? murchubrian at gmail dot com
Turlough ConwayApr 19 2013, 3:45pmLast minute decision to run this. Will have car and have emailed you Brian.
My email is turlough dot conway at iadt dot ie for anyone else needing a lift. And/or leave message here.
Brendan LawlorApr 19 2013, 3:54pm'Last minute decision to run this.' - famous last words Turlough!

Hope you are fit and ready!
Turlough ConwayApr 20 2013, 10:28amUnfortunately it doesnt look like it as ive beenstruck downagain by virus number umpteenth. Could someone travelling from dublin offer brian a lift if you see this, as i wouldnt want this virus to knock two people out of such a great race!
sam scrivenApr 20 2013, 6:14pmBrian. I have a space if you're still looking for a spin. O 87 2l 365 74.
Mick HanneyApr 21 2013, 5:57pmGreat race today. Thanks Greg & team.
Sam ScrivenApr 21 2013, 6:56pmGreat day. Hopefully the first of many this summer! Summer! Well done to all.
Zoran SkrbaApr 21 2013, 9:06pm+1, thanks to Greg and the volunteers. Great day, loved the cookies. Yum!
Gareth LittleApr 23 2013, 11:13pm
Race report now up