- Slieve na Muck
- Wednesday 30 May, 2012
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 4 (1,1,2) - Easy Terrain, <200M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Summer League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The race starts out the forest path from the Christ the King statue. At the first junction take a sharp left, from here keep on the right at the next junction up over the hill. This is the most serious climb. After that there are two more small climbs and there is a long fast decent to the car park. Keep left here and run down to the end of the car park turn left again and run out this forest path to the junction where you first turned left only turn sharp right this time and this will bring you back to the statue and finish.
- Getting There:
- Gortavoher Woods, Slievenamuck, Glen of Aherlow, Co. Tipperary
Registration and start is at Christ the King statue. This is about 6.9km south of Tipperary town on the R664. If you are coming from the Limerick side when you reach the traffic lights in Tipperary town turn right. At the next roundabout, take the second exit and follow this road all the way out to the Glen of Aherlow. As you come down the hill towards the glen you will come to a viewing point on a hair pin bend and you'll see the statue of Christ the King.
OSI grid reference: R 885 309Google Streetview link
- Organisers Instructions:
- This race is open to all and the cost is â‚¬5.
Please arrive at 19:00 to give time for race registration.
If you have already run an IMRA race this year, bring your number with you, if not you can speed things up by downloading the membership form and filling it in beforehand, but they will be available on the day as well.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Refreshments in Coach Road Inn
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize