- Ballina Tountinna
- Wednesday 27 June, 2012
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 5 (1,2,2) - Easy Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Summer League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The route follows a section of the Lough Derg waymarked trail. There's a short section on a country road, before turning right onto a trail. This leads up towards the top of Tountinna, and eventually you get to a T-junction with a tarmac road. Turn right here to go to the top of the hill, and then back the same way.
- Getting There:
- Ballina, Co. Tipperary
We'll meet in the car park on the left hand side before Gooser's pub in Ballina at 7.45pm. The run starts about 4km from here, and it will be necessary to car-pool as there is very limited parking at the race start. To get to Ballina from the M7, take the Birdhill/Killaloe exit on to the R494 heading towards Killaloe. This will take you to Ballina. Gooser's is on the right as you come into Ballina. If you get to a roundabout, you've gone too far.
OSI grid reference: R 706 728Google Streetview link
Despite what it says above, this race is in Co. Tipperary, not Co. Clare!
- Organisers Instructions:
- This race is open to all and the cost is â‚¬5.
Please arrive at 19:00 to give time for race registration.
If you have already run an IMRA race this year, bring your number with you, if not you can speed things up by downloading the membership form and filling it in beforehand, but they will be available on the day as well.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Refreshments in Ã“ Riain's Pub in Ballina, just opposite carpark
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize