- Sunday 22 May, 2011
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 8 (3,3,2) - Difficult Terrain, >500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Championship
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Starting at Bay Lough, up to the carpark, then up the steep path to the top of Sugarloaf Hill (663m). You now follow the wall that marks the Waterford/Tipperary boundary to the summit of Knockmealdown (794m). The descent is back down to the carpark, without revisiting the top of Sugarloaf.
- Getting There:
- The Vee, Clogheen, Co. Tipperary
Registration is in the large carpark at the top of The Vee Gap, on the R668 going from Lismore to Cahir. It's about 8.5km south of the village of Clogheen, and 12.5km north of Lismore
OSI grid reference: S 030 100Google Streetview link
- Organisers Instructions:
- This race is open to all and the cost is €10 per person. If you have already raced an IMRA race this year, please bring your number with you.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize