Crone Wood (University Championships)
- Crone Wood route up the new Coillte paths and back down the WW from the Maulin ridge
- Saturday 15 March, 2008
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 5 (1,2,2) - Easy Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Winter League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Course is fast apart from one very steep short climb. On descent make very sure that you see and jump over drainage ditches!
There will be a separate shorter course for under-age athletes (clockwise, 3.85 km / 196m climb).
- Getting There:
- Crone Car Park, Glencree/ Enniskerry, Co Wicklow ? Gr. O 192 142
- Organisers Instructions:
- University teams of 3 to score.
Colleges reps, please download information sheet.
First three women and men college finishers will receive championship medals. The scorers on the first three women?s and men?s college teams will receive championship medals (3 to score). Scoring based on place within college race by sex. Mixed teams not allowed.
Registration will close at 10:45 sharp, so allow time for registration queues.
Individual student entry for the day fee is 5 euro to register and 4 euro to race. A team entry fee of 30 euro per college team is also available (better value if you have four or more team members) provided you list all the runners on the team sheet before registration (separate sheets for men and women). Contact email@example.com with queries.
The race will start ON time so register in time.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Powerscourt Arms hotel in Enniskerry at 13:00.
- WW briefly then right up new trail. Right at top, then left onto new path. Straight to forest hut. Left before hut (very steep climb on grass). Take middle new path at top to Ride Rock (be very careful with drainage crossings). Wicklow Way to finish.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize