- Sunday 23 September, 2007
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Leinster Championship
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Getting There:
- With thanks to Brendan Doherty for the route description. Coming from Dublin take the N11 south . 1 mile south of the end of the Arklow Bypass at 'East Coast Campers' crossroads turn right (west) along a road signposted 'Coolgreany'. 1 mile later at an unsigned T-junction keep left to arrive at Coolgreany Inn a further mile along. Turn right at the Inn onto a road signposted 'Ballyfad', bear left at an unsigned fork. 1.5 miles later arrive at Ballyfad Post Office, turn right, signed for Tinahely. 1.5 miles later at another unsigned fork bear left for another 3 miles to arrive at a T-junction. Turn right to continue on road to Tinahely. Arrive half a mile later at 'The Gap' Pub for parking and registration. Please allow 75 minutes from Loughlinstown for the journey and carry the OSI No 62 map as a backup.
- Organisers Instructions:
- The race is an out and back route taking in Croghans 3 summits. The views from the broad ridge, of South Wicklow and Wexford are stunning on a clear day. While Croghan is not particularly high it's slopes are very rocky and overgrown, the worst has been avoided but the main climb to the first summit is through knee high heather (you have been warned). The remainder is quite runnable on tracks and trails of varying quality and gradient. Parking and Registration is at 'the Gap' pub car park (T 110 690) The start is 3km North of Registration at the entrance to Carrig Woods (T 103 721) Please arrive in good time as registration will close 15 minute before the start to allow the organisers to make their way to the start. There will be NO registrations taken at the start. There is only space for 10 cars at the start so we would ask that drivers would make one or two trips ferrying runners before parking at the start. This is very important as the road is narrow with no roadside parking whatsoever. Some additional notes 1. All decision points on the course will be marked. While this is contrary to normal practice for championship races it is necessary in this case as the course is quite complicated. This marking will be minimal so runners are still expected to have studied the route map on this site. 2. The Gap Pub (parking, registration & prize giving) have kindly agreed to provide food in the form of baskets of chips and chicken wings. This will be free to runners. 3. Please remeber that all cars proceeding from registration MUST BE FULL, as parking at the start is very restricted. Should the barrier at the start be open DO NOT park beyond it. (we have no permission and you could find your car locked in when you finish) 4. Finally, it's a shockingly tough course but try to remeber to enjoy it.
- Prizegiving Location:
- The Gap Pub
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize