- Roughest race on the IMRA calendar
- Sunday 1 July, 2007
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Connacht Championship
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Getting There:
- Near Delphi Adv Centre, Killary, Co. Mayo. From Dublin: Westport then N59. Turn right for Delphi 2k before Leenaun. Aishleigh Falls Carpark on right after 300m.
- Organisers Instructions:
- To get to Delphi adventure Centre from Croagh Patrick. Continue South on R335 through Louisburg for 15k. Centre on right.
(Per night rates For Delphi)
?25pp b+b hostel
?30pp b+b rate for twin rooms
?99 b+b for a double room (not pp)
After Croagh Patrick:
Buffet Lunch , fresh salads and pasta , tea coffee ?10
Delphi is 15 minutes from race start of Croagh Patrick.
Similar distance to Aishleigh Falls and start of Ben Gorm.
Phone 095 42208 and mention that you would like to book for the mountain running weekend and state no of nights.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Campbells pub in Murrisk
- The Main Ridge is very rocky and has high cliffs to the north. On the way up the path traverses the ridge in some spots on the south side(LEFT) Do not attempt to traverse on the north side (RIGHT). On the way down do all traversing on (LEFT).
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize