Glen of Aherlow Trail Half-Marathon
- Glen of Aherlow Trail Half-Marathon
- Saturday 18 September, 2021
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 7 (2,2,3) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry opens:
- 2021-08-17 18:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2021-09-05 23:59:00
- Entry limit:
- Entry cost:
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
Covid 19: At registration masks/buffs must be worn. At the race start they must also be worn for the first 200m or until the field spreads out sufficiently. Once you are finished we ask you don't stay around race headquarters if possible. Take away food will be provided to have in your car. We ask all race goers to please act responsibly before, during and after the race.
Under IMRA rules for competitor's safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race and also a working charged mobile phone. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
*A charged mobile phone with race directors number saved (available on the day) must be carried for the entire race. Phone must be switched on & not on silent. A buff/mask to be worn for the first 1km of race. More Covid19 guidlines available closer to the date
IMRA MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE FOR 2021!
All competitors must be IMRA members. IMRA membership costs €10 for a calendar year. It is unrelated to membership of other athletic clubs. IMRA membership cannot be purchased at the race, you must follow these steps beforehand:
- Login to your myimra" account on www.imra.ie. If you don't have an account"create one using the REGISTER FOR MYIMRA link, and follow the instructions carefully.
- Go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase 2021 membership using a credit/debit card.
- Bring the membership confirmation email containing your race number for the year with you to your first race
- Get a bib number at your first race, and hold on to it, as it's valid for the full year.
- To pay for the individual race entry, go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase race entry using a credit/debit card.
Note: If you are not a 2021 IMRA member or don't know your race number, it will not be possible to enter the race
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize