Glen of Aherlow Trail Marathon
- Glen of Aherlow Trail Marathon
- Saturday 15 September, 2018
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 10 (Extreme) - Extreme, >1,000M ascent or > 30Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Long Distance Championship
- Entry opens:
- 2018-09-03 08:45:00
- Entry closes:
- 2018-09-03 23:00:00
- Entry limit:
- None set
- Entry cost:
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The route is a 21.1km loop on a mixture of hiking trails, forest roads and quiet country roads, starting and finishing near Lisvarrinane.
- Getting There:
- Lisvarrinane, Co. Tipperary
Race registration, and showers and food will be at the Village Hall in Lisvarrinane.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Race Entry Procedure
Entry to this race is by online registration only. It will not be possible to enter on the day. Online registration will close on Friday 31st of August at 5pm.
There are no refunds/transfers or late entries allowed.
- Login to your "myimra" account on www.imra.ie. If you don't have an account, create one using the REGISTER FOR MYIMRA link, and follow the instructions carefully.
- Go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase entry to this race. If you are not already a IMRA member for this year, you will first need to purchase that.
- If this is your first IMRA race of the year, collect your bib number at the race, and hold on to it, as it's valid for the full year.
For safety reasons it is mandatory to bring and carry:
- A shower/wind proof jacket
Leave No Trace
Please respect the course and its environment. No bottles, gel wrappers etc. are to be discarded. Please report any littering.
- Prizegiving Location:
- How showers and a hot meal will be offered to all competitors. There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd man and woman in all 3 races.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize