British and Irish Trials - Bray Head
- British & Irish U17 and U20 Trials
- Wednesday 12 July, 2017
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Start above 2nd barrier on hill climb at southern end of seafront. Follow Way markers towards Cross. Halfway up through trees the path forks: take the right fork to follow the Way marked path and approach cross from west. Climb through rocks to touch cross. Continue to southern summit and do a short loop before returning by the same route to cross. Do not go to cross on return, instead take a right turn around 20m beyond where you came out from cross on way up and then an almost immediate left turn (see small deviation on route map). Descend through trees by almost exactly the same route as ascent (see small deviation on route map) and finish at cul de sac sign before the promenade.
- Organisers Instructions:
- This year, the Bray Head end of leinster league race will be used as the qualifying race for the British & Irish championships. See https://www.imra.ie/events/view/id/1450 for further details regarding registration location etc. U20 men and U20 women (age at 31 December 2017 – this includes athletes born in 1998, 1999 and 2000) U17 boys and girls (age at 31 December 2017 – this includes athletes born in 2001 and 2002).
- Prizegiving Location:
- Martello Hotel
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize