- Carrauntohill (East from Cronins yard)
- Sunday 19 July, 2015
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 10 (Extreme) - Extreme, >1,000M ascent or > 30Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route not marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Championship
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- This is a tough mountain race over steep terrain and exposed mountain. Weather can change quickly, please make sure you are competent at navigation and mountain running for this event. There will be very little markings. Please Note: The route will be from Cronins Yard in the Hags Glen towards the bottom of the Devils Ladder, keeping a lookout for the tape/markers which will lead you from this path to the Zig Zags route. THIS IS THE ONLY PART OF THE ROUTE THAT IS MARKED. At the top of the Zig Zag, PLEASE NOTE THERE IS A STRICT CUT OFF OF 2:30pm HERE !!!! At this point turn right and head over the SUMMIT of Cnoc na Toinne and descend to the Col at the top of Devils Ladder. From here head directly to the Summit of Carrauntohill, touch the cross and return via the same route. There will be a Marshal at the top of Cnoc na Toinne and at the top of Carrauntohill, you must pass them. WARNING: in bad weather , visibility the route can be dangerous and runners can become disorientated. MANDATORY KIT: BRING ALL WITH YOU AS YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO RACE WITHOUT... Any alterartions will be made by the RD on the day. JACKET, FOIL BLANKET, PHONE, MAP&COMPASS OR GPS. ps: IF YOU CARRY A SMART PHONE WITH MAPPING/COMPASS, THIS WILL SUFFICE.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Race registration will open from 12:15 to 12:45.
This race is open to all and the cost is â‚¬10
If you have already run an IMRA race this year, please bring the race number given to you at that race as it is valid for the full year.
However, if this is your first IMRA race this year, you must purchase yearly IMRA membership for â‚¬10 per person. Please download the membership form, and fill it out beforehand to speed up registration (they will be available on the day too). You will then be given a race number that is used for other IMRA races this year.
Under IMRA rules for competitors safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
- Prizegiving Location:
- Cronins Yard
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|McSweeney||Michael||Ballyvourney, Co Cork.||Killarney. Fossa.||10:00:00||2||1|