- Sunday 10 May, 2015
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 8 (2,3,3) - Moderate Terrain, >500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route not marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Leinster Championship
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Free Route Choice between the start, 3 Peaks and finish.
- Getting There:
- Race starts at Glenmalure Lodge / Drumgoff Crossroads on the Military Road. Gr. T 107 908
- Organisers Instructions:
- The new race route route starts at the Glenmalure pub crossroads, takes in the summits of Mullacor, Kirikee and Carriglinneen in that order and then finishes outside the pub with a free route choice between these 5 points :-) You follow the Wicklow Way initially for ~1km and then have a route choice to continue along the Wicklow way or go right to then follow the traditional Ballybraid ascent route. Each route involves steady climbing on forest tracks before the final steep climb on open mountain to reach the eastmost summit of Mullacor marked by a pile of stones. Then from the summit of Mullacor, you head east to col and then take tracks on either right or left of the fence to meet the forest track to take you to the road crossing close to the Shay Elliot memorial. After crossing the road there is a route choice of tracks to get to Kirikee summit and then return to Carriglinneen summit. From here there is a choice of route to bring you back to the finish line. Please avoid routes SE of the finish that involve coming through residential property close to the road :-) The optimum final 300m from SE corner of forest to bring you out on road beside the pub will be marked with red and white tape to minimise time spent on the road on route to finish. East West Map is best used for this event.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Glenmalure Lodge, Drumgoff
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize