- BallyHoura Midweek
- Wednesday 25 June, 2014
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Summer League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The race starts on the forest road immediately to the south of the Mountain Bike Centre. Head up this road, and keep left at the Y-junction after about 800m. Keep straight at the next junction, and then take a sharp left after about another 1.5km. This forest road zig-zags upwards for about 2km. There will be a marker showing where to turn left onto a rough, boggy path. This path leads you across the top of Seefin Mountain (528m). You start to descend and reach a junction with a less-boggy path. Take a sharp left here, and then after about 1km there is a very very sharp right. You then follow this path down until you reach the junction where you kept straight at the start of the run. It's just less than 1km back to the finish from here.
- Getting There:
- Greenwood, Ballyhoura's, Ardpatrick, Co. Limerick
Carpark and registration will be near the trailhead for the Ballyhoura Mountain Bike Trails. To get here from the N20, turn off at the church in Ballyhea (go east), and travel about 11km to Ardpatrick. Take a right turn here at the village, and then take another right after 2.7km (signposted Castle-Oliver View). The carpark is visible on the right after about 1km.
OSI grid reference: R 655 186Google Streetview link
Despite what it says above, this race is in Co. Limerick, not Co. Wicklow!
- Organisers Instructions:
- This race is open to all and the cost is â‚¬5.
Please arrive at 19:00 to give time for race registration.
If you have already run an IMRA race this year, bring your number with you, if not you can speed things up by downloading the membership form and filling it in beforehand, but they will be available on the day as well.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Refreshments at Greenwood Inn, Ardpatrick
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize