Irish Mountain
Running Association

Adharanand Finn

AuthorDateMessage
Conor MurphyJul 26 2024, 3:58pmAward winning author, runner, journalist and podcaster Adharanand Finn, who wrote "Running with the Kenyans", "The Way of the Runner" and "The Rise of the Ultra Runners", is running around Ireland on trails. He would really appreciate some company and a corner of a yard or driveway along the route for a campervan. If you are able to help out, please comment on the link below or on Trail Criú's social media. We have his August schedule from Cork City, so if there is interest we can figure out more detailed plans in the coming days and weeks. Thank you so much.

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/Kidhc1nJ4E9MpsW4/
Elaine CaseyJul 26 2024, 4:59pmCan't access the link without joining the group
Eoin Mac MahonJul 26 2024, 5:47pmAny way to help without Facebook?
Conor MurphyJul 26 2024, 8:42pmTrying to corral responses on one platform, but if you're not on FB we have an Insta account too. If not on that, I'll figure something out, maybe WhatsApp.
Eoin Mac MahonJul 26 2024, 9:34pm0 8 9 2 4 5 4 1 2 2

Thanks Conor
Conor MurphyJul 26 2024, 10:45pmGreat, thanks Eoin. I'll send you his schedule for next week and if you can either run with him or find space for a campervan, I'll join you to a WhatsApp chat where we're filling both roles for stages over the coming weeks...
Rory LeadbetterJul 26 2024, 11:00pmWould also be happy to offer a space for a camper and some company on the trails and don’t have any social media accounts. That said, from what I’m told he seems to have passed through Kilkenny today so that offer is probably of limited value.

Could help with logistics in south Kilkenny or east Tipp Tomorrow and Sunday if that’s any help.
Conor MurphyJul 27 2024, 9:51amThanks so much Rory. I think he's sorted for the time being. It's really Cork City and on around the South West and up the West. He leaves Cork on the 1st August and the stages after that are...

Thu 1 - Cork Kinsale
Fri 2 - Kinsale Inchydoney
Sat 3 - Rest
Sun 4 - Inchydoney Skib
Mon 5 - Skib Crookhaven
Tue 6 - Crookaven Mizen Head 3 Castle Head
Wed 7 - 3 Castle Head Bantry
Thu 8 - Bantry Adrigole
Fri 9 - Adrigole CTB Eyeries
Sat 10 - Eyeries Kenmare

I sent you a message Eoin...
Francine ThurnheerJul 27 2024, 3:19pmI have room for the campervan in Ballydehob any of the days. You can add me to the WHATSAPP 086 8430006
Conor MurphyJul 27 2024, 11:01pmThanks Francine and Eoin.

Starting to fill in the running support/campervan site slots in West Cork.

Adharanand will be running on to Kerry, Clare and up the West Coast. Come on everyone, you won't be on your deathbeds thinking "I'm glad I missed the chance to run with one of the greatest writers on trail running and ultras and cleaned the windows instead". Plus I'm guessing this will figure in his podcasts anyway...and maybe even a "Running with the Irish" book!
Sorcha LoughnaneJul 30 2024, 12:19amI’ll be in Kerry in August Conor - happy to offer some running company and other help if dates align. Will be around Caherdaniel-Waterville-Cahersiveen direction until 18 Aug. Will message on trail criu IG.
Conor MurphyJul 30 2024, 10:02pmThat's great Sorcha. We have a WhatsApp chat for those who will be running with him or providing some space for the campervan in West Cork, will probably set up much the same for Kerry in the next few days. The TC crowd can send you my no. Thanks.
Rachel HarneyJul 31 2024, 10:38amIf he's coming up through the midlands at any stage, I'm based in Ballinasloe which is a leg off the Beara Breffne Way route. Happy to assist in any way needed.
Conor MurphyJul 31 2024, 11:27pmThanks Rachel. He's sticking to the coastline, but will give details of his schedule as he progresses. You may be able to run with him as he heads through Galway west of you.
Conor MurphyAug 6 2024, 7:07pmAdharanand Finn's Kerry schedule is now set out in the Munster Trail Runners FB, Insta and TikTok accounts. If anyone wants to accompany him and/or has a place to park the campervan near the end of any stages, let me know and we'll coordinate it. Thanks to the IMRA runners who have joined in the fun so far...there's no dull moment running with a bestselling author!
Eoin Mac MahonAug 9 2024, 8:19pmThis guy is a G.

If you can help him you should
Paul MooreAug 11 2024, 8:41pmHi any info of a Northern Ireland schedule?
Conor MurphyAug 23 2024, 1:49pmNot yet Paul. He will be leaving Kerry and heading into Clare in the coming days, so I've been on to a few runners from that part of the country. I do know he is a bit stuck for company in NI and particularly around the Mournes so it would be great if you can pitch in.

Again, if anyone else wants to run with him as he prepares for his next book, let us know. He is really grateful to all those who have helped out to date.

Before leaving Kerry, we did organise a chat on THE radio show in the South West!

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/sFW78kJGcXdy3buh/

And he met with some legends of the sport here...

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/KbqvzmacJuR942v9/
Conor MurphySep 5 2024, 4:26pmAdharanand is in Mayo these days, so Turlough Conway is co-ordinating any runners there who want to join on the IMRA West FaceBook page. Thanks Turlough, it is appreciated.

This is a real chance to showcase the sport and community here to an international audience. There won't be too many books about running around Ireland written by award winning authors again. And more importantly than that, everyone who has run with him really enjoyed it.