Irish Mountain
Running Association

Mountain Rescue Benefit Race

AuthorDateMessage
Brendan LawlorJul 18 2024, 9:47amHi
CN I be accepted as RD for this race please
Brendan LawlorJul 18 2024, 9:47amCan even
Lillian DeeganJul 18 2024, 9:53amAsk and you shall receive :) You are good to go there Brendan. Good luck prep wise.
Brendan LawlorJul 18 2024, 12:33pmThanks Lillian

Thanks to everyone who has volunteered so far. Could I ask for a Shadow Laptop Operator ( who could also run if they wanted) to help Monica on the laptop as it will be her first time doing the laptop.
Brendan LawlorAug 8 2024, 3:15pmHi all,

Event details have been updated.

I just need one more critical volunteer- a shadow laptop operator .. running or non running .

Other than that I have enough non running volunteers thanks.. please look at weekend races later in the year if you need to get your two non running volunteer credits.

I’ll take a few non running volunteers to help with parking.
Brendan LawlorAug 8 2024, 3:16pmApologies, it’s a few running volunteers I need for parking marshals
Miriam MaherAug 8 2024, 3:20pmBrendan, have put myself down to shadow Monica.

Cheers

Miriam
Brendan LawlorAug 8 2024, 3:29pmSuper, thanks Miriam
Jean O'NeillAug 18 2024, 1:34amIs there a short course please?
Elaine CaseyAug 19 2024, 9:10amJean, the blurb says there is and I think starts at 7?
Elaine CaseyAug 19 2024, 10:14amAnyone know when entries for this are opening? Thanks
Stuart ScottAug 19 2024, 11:19amThanks Elaine, that was an oversight! Entries are open now.

All, this Wednesday's race is a fundraiser for DWMRT and GOIMRT so please buy early and often. Entries are EUR10. Entries will close at midday on Wednesday as usual.
Brendan LawlorAug 19 2024, 3:24pmHi

Yes we will have a Junior/ Short course starting at 7.35. Plus early start at 7, and normal start at 7.30

We have enough volunteers now thank you
Brendan LawlorAug 20 2024, 10:44amMorning all

Tomorrow will be our final Leinster Wednesday race so lets go out with a bang! Entries are open and flying in !

I think we can all agree that this years races have seen many, many highlights, fun moments and great memories of what has been an exceptional year for IMRA. A big well done to our very hard working committee and to the many Race Directors and volunteers who put it all on for us.

A few reminders for tomorrow
-please Carpool from Kilmac, Roundwood (Village or Cemetery) or Laragh.. please use the carpool section of the event
-parking at the MR base is for volunteers only, everyone else down at the river car park.. please remember that the road down is used by a lot of locals so please park responsibly and follow parking marshals instructions
-remember to bring your number and your chip . Its €5 to replace either so if you forget number and chip €10
-I'll announce what kit you will need when I get the weather forecast tomorrow but you'll need a jacket one way or the other
-Early start at 7pm, main race at 7:30pm, Junior/Short race at 7:35pm
-we hope to have some drone footage of tomorrows race so wear your loudest buff
-we will have our prizegiving, raffle and some food for you all back at Kavanaghs after the race

See you tomorrow!
Elaine CaseyAug 20 2024, 11:40amWe need the chip again? Is it not the sticker on the number for this run?
Brendan LawlorAug 20 2024, 12:18pmHi

Yes it’s the white sticker chip on the number you’ll need. The old orange chips are not being used any more
Lillian DeeganAug 20 2024, 12:30pmAnyone who wants to return their old shoe chip tag can do so at the laptop/ reg. area at upcoming events. As Brendan says, the old chips are no longer in use. We have fully moved over to the new timing bib chip tag setup.
Brendan LawlorAug 21 2024, 8:44amMorning

Weather looks ok for this evening so it will be just a jacket for mandatory gear.

Can all volunteers please be at Glen of Imall Rescue Base between 5.30 and 6. If recent volunteers want to be added to the temporary Whats app group then text me on oh 87 two432 79ate.

Entries close at 12 today
Vivian O'GormanAug 21 2024, 12:36pmHi All,

In case you haven't noticed I have put my car in twice
in the car pool!!!

So right now I am full...

No comments please...
Paul O'RiordanAug 21 2024, 1:14pmHi there,

Is it possible to register this evening? Just missed the cut-off for online entry.

Thanks,

Paul
Brendan LawlorAug 21 2024, 1:50pmSorry Paul

We can’t add anyone in after the online shop closes
Conor O'DalyAug 21 2024, 2:21pm@Vivian, I am driving from Greystones and can take some if you are overbooked.
Elaine CaseyAug 21 2024, 10:35pmThanks to Brendan and all the volunteers. That felt way harder than it should have but the spectacular heather field made up for it (almost).
Jim DurhamAug 22 2024, 8:30amThanks to everyone who helped make the last of the Wednesday runs so enjoyable. Lovely evening for a lovely run. I have a query about the results. My Garmin shows 54:40, but IMRA results shows 59:40. I note that early start time was 19:05. It looks like IMRA clock started at 19:00.. I was near finish line afterwards but didn't recross the line.
Brendan LawlorAug 22 2024, 9:20amHi Jim

Can you email results@imra.ie and we can investigate this. We do think that the early start clock was set for 7:05 rather than 7
Dan GeelonAug 22 2024, 9:47amBrendan, it seems that all the early start results are out by 5 minutes. Thanks for a great race. Dan
Richard FoxAug 22 2024, 9:53amBrilliant race. Thanks Brendan and all the super volunteers for a great bitta fun.
I think the time is off ok but placing are correct - prob due to the slightly late start.
Thanks again. It was great to be out
foxy
Miriam MaherAug 22 2024, 10:06amHi guys, I’ll double check the start time for the early start, had thought it was set for 7.05. But we can adjust across the board is that wasn’t the case.

Thanks all who raced or volunteered for making it a great last Wednesday night on the hills!

Miriam
Alan AylingAug 22 2024, 10:14amWhere's this drone footage then? Don't tell me I wore the outrageous orange kit for nothing...
Brendan LawlorAug 22 2024, 10:37amHi

A big thank you to all the volunteers , both Mountain Rescue and IMRA, who helped myself and Gareth put on last nights race. The links between IMRA and Mountain Rescue are long and deep, and continuing now to develop outside Leinster as well. Long may this continue and all the rescue teams throughout the country really appreciate your ongoing support .

Thanks also to the race participants and people who bought an entry but didn't run or people who generously donated on the night. Thanks to Angela for the baked goods, which didn't last too long at the finish line.

Congratulations to our various race winners, Andy , Becky, Finn and Leyla.

And special congratulations to the various Juniors we got to present League prizes to both before and after last nights race. The future is bright.

@Alan I'll update on the drone footage if I hear anything but thanks in any case for dressing for the occasion.

Finally thanks to Jean O'Neill for her very generous donation of a lovely spot prize which was one of the highlights of our raffle.

We've had a great run of Wednesday races but sadly its come to an end now.. but there are plenty of weekend races left in the calendar.

See you all in the hills soon , hopefully
Alice ClancyAug 23 2024, 10:42amWell done Brendan on what was indeed an excellent raffle….and introduced by a thorough roast of the previous month’s RD’s too….cheeky…don’t worry your kind gesture will be reciprocated next year!

Thanks to Jean for donating such a lovely prize….And then a huge thank you to Mike Jordan who won the running back pack and promptly donated it to Trail Criú…it will find a very good home!
Jeff SwordsAug 23 2024, 4:23pm5 minutes removed from each of the early starters time to adjust for the early start time inaccuracy.
Jim DurhamAug 23 2024, 7:24pmThanks, Jeff. That improves an already very good evening
Miriam MaherAug 23 2024, 7:31pmThanks Jeff and Conor and apologies to the (very real) early starter people for my incorrect clock start time of 7.00 instead of 7.05:)

Miriam