Irish Mountain
Running Association

Mt Gable

AuthorDateMessage
Lena FreyneJul 17 2024, 6:24pmOnline entries for the Mount Gable race NOW OPEN and will remain open until Friday 26th at 6pm. Note. As with other races, there are no entries on the day. Registration on the day will close at 9.45am.
I still need some more non-running volunteers, particularly to help with marshalling on the course. Please sign up if you can!
Gearoid HynesJul 20 2024, 6:35pmAny idea what the short course for juniors might be?
Oskar SzmytJul 22 2024, 7:57pmHi is there anyone who is driving from Sligo. Please reach out if u have a spare seat. Would really appreciate it.
Lena FreyneJul 22 2024, 8:17pmHi Gearoid, we don't have a short course this year. It is something we will look into for next next year. Have you many juniors interested?
Lena FreyneJul 23 2024, 11:02amBelow are the age classes/ race distances (X to be taken as M/F)

-Under 10 [6-9] - accompanied on the course by a parent/gauardian - distance up to 5km
-Under 14 [10-13] X14 - distance up to 5km
-Under 16 [14-15] X16 - distance up to 7km
-Under 18 [16-17] X18 - distance up to 10km

If you want to contact me directly to discuss this in more detail you can.
Lena FreyneJul 23 2024, 11:07amOskar, we will do a social media appeal for carpooling
Turlough ConwayJul 23 2024, 8:44pmFolks. Anyone travelling to the race with space in their car please consider using the Carpool section of this Events page.

This course is looking like a bit of a classic and well worth the trip. Hot showers, hot tea and coffee in the clubhouse after makes things a lot more tempting!
Lena FreyneJul 25 2024, 2:19pmIt looks like we are going to get great weather on Saturday! So get ready for some serious views! The route takes you on a scenic loop that passes Lough Coolin, with views across the Maumturks, Partry Mountains, Lough Corrib and Lough Mask.

Please consider using the carpool section of this event page if you have space in your car.
Lena FreyneJul 26 2024, 12:39pmWe are having an Early Start Option for anyone who wishes to avail of it at 9.45am.

The Early Start is generally reserved for runners who expect to be over the 160% of the winning time, and would like to start a little bit early.

Please let Ronan know at registration if you want to use this option and I will link up with you at the start line at 9.35am for a safety briefing! Thanks
Turlough ConwayJul 26 2024, 3:57pmSome Carpool options from Galway City and Sligo now.
Lena FreyneJul 27 2024, 9:24amRegistration link below

https://maps.app.goo.gl/e5HWtCq7sLDfNUWo7
Jeff SwordsJul 28 2024, 9:19amResults up, email IMRAresults at gmail dot com if there's anything not looking right.
Hilary JenkinsonJul 28 2024, 7:59pmWell done to all involved in getting this new event off the ground. Great route well marked and fantastic views all the way. Huge thank you to organizers and the many cheerful volunteers. I will be looking forward to this again next year.
Turlough ConwayJul 29 2024, 7:51amWell done to Lena and crew for a really, well organized and excellent race in beautiful scenery on a wonderful day. So many happy campers. A lot more than the average with that 'Where have you been all my life' look on them at the finish which is great to see. We will be keeping a close eye on these dangerous new addicts over the next few weeks and years!

Next Galway fix is coming on Knock Ma on August 10th with a Sligo league race on Knocknarea between on August 3rd.
Tom McNicholasJul 30 2024, 11:57amWas marshalling on Mount Gable IMRA run last Saturday, super event, perfect mountain for experienced and beginners mountain runners. Credit to the organisers, everything was perfectly set up. I will definitely be running Mount Gable the next time, a perfect example of all mountain running and mountains in general around Ireland have to offer. Well done again to all involved.