Irish Mountain
Running Association

Queen Maeve's

AuthorDateMessage
Miriam MaherJul 11 2024, 8:17amGood morning,

At our recent monthly meeting, the committee agreed that the proceeds from this race will be donated to the Sligo Leitrim Mountain Rescue Team following the tragic death of Octavius (Ocky) Job, an IMRA member who had taken part in recent West League races and was a valued and much loved member of Sligo Leitrim Mountain Rescue Team.

So let's show our support in the best way possible by participating in this race and supporting SLMRT.

Miriam
Alan KennedyJul 11 2024, 12:46pmHi Miriam, as a suggestion maybe the entry fee for this could be increased to €10 similar to our other fundraising races? And then like those races runners that are unable to attend, like myself, could still purchase an entry to show our support?
Miriam MaherJul 11 2024, 1:38pmThanks Alan, we're going with your suggestion and have increased the entry fee for this race, because it's a fundraiser, to €10.00. As you say, this is similar to other fundraiser/benefit races we put on.

Miriam
Alan KennedyJul 22 2024, 3:51pmReminder to all that entry tickets are now on sale for this race / fundraiser in honour of Ocky. Please support even if you cannot make the race. Thanks to IMRA that all proceeds will go to SLMRT.
Alan KennedyJul 25 2024, 10:10am@miriammaher Dan and Jody mentioned to me last night that they wanted to support this race but when they went to purchase a ticket the price came up as only €5. Could this be amended to €10 as per main entry?
Miriam MaherJul 25 2024, 10:59amHi Alan, thanks, good spot, it was automatically set to the usual €5 for those in the discounted age categories. Although, not that those in those age categories are discounted in any other way ;-)

Jeff has adjusted the entry fee now to €10 for everyone for this very worthy fundraiser race event.

Miriam
Brian FarrenJul 28 2024, 11:36pmHi. Just wondering what time the short course starts.
Ruth CandonJul 29 2024, 6:55pmHi everyone looking forward to seeing you at Queen Maeve's race this Saturday 3rd. Please note we've changed the start time to 11am for both the long and short course.

We're expecting large numbers for this event. We encourage people to use the carpool option on the website and or carpool with friends where possible from Strandhill or Rathcarrick.
Turlough ConwayJul 31 2024, 6:32pmHi Folks. This race is a fundraiser for the Sligo Leitrim Mountain Rescue after Octavius 'Ocky' Job of the SLMR and IMRA tragically lost his life walking on Benbulben.
The fundraiser is via the entrance fee for the race. You don't have to run. Please feel free to enter(donate) in solidarity with SLMR and all the mountain rescue folk who look after us.
Feel free to leave a comment on this forum if we do.
Elva DonnellyJul 31 2024, 9:55pmHi all, enjoy your run this weekend, can't make it as far as Sligo from Kildare but entry purchased to contribute to a great cause.
Turlough ConwayAug 1 2024, 10:36amSuper. Thanks Eva!
Turlough ConwayAug 2 2024, 1:38pmLast call for this folks. Entries close at 6pm. Fundraiser for Sligo Leiteim Mountain Rescue after Octavius 'Ocky' Job of Sligo SLMR and IMRA lost his life on Benbulben. €10 entry is your donation, no need to race. Thank you

"This race is a fundraiser for the Sligo Leitrim Mountain Rescue after Octavius 'Ocky' Job of the SLMR and IMRA tragically lost his life walking on Benbulben.
The fundraiser is via the entrance fee for the race. You don't have to run. Please feel free to enter(donate) in solidarity with SLMR and all the mountain rescue folk who look after us.
Feel free to leave a comment on this forum if we do.
Brendan LawlorAug 2 2024, 1:49pmRuth and Turlough, thank you very much for organizing this race and for remembering Ocky so appropriately.. May he rest in peace
Miriam MaherAug 4 2024, 11:52amRuth, Rosy, Julie, Turlough, Bill and all, thank you so much for a simply fantastic race yesterday. I'm not sure I've ever been on such a well marked course. Pure enjoyment from start to finish...although maybe not the last 200 m, but that aside, just brilliant.

The race report I promised at the finish line, when I could breathe with ease again, is up.

To everyone that bought a race entry as a donation to SLMRT, thank you very very much. IMRA showing it's best side yet again.
Jeff SwordsAug 4 2024, 2:17pmResults published, email imraresults at gmail dot com for queries.
David RouseAug 11 2024, 3:40pmPhoto of race report, and pics, from The Sligo Champion of 7 August 2024 added to race photos-
https://www.imra.ie/photos/view/id/239974/
Pól Ó MurchúAug 11 2024, 5:09pmI see you even signed that copy @David Rouse! :-)