Irish Mountain
Running Association

Glen of the Downs

AuthorDateMessage
Mikey FryJul 1 2024, 5:43pmLooking for laptop operator please and some more helpers for this race on 24th July thanks Imra people:))))
Eoin HamiltonJul 1 2024, 5:52pmi've put myself down for LO. I haven't done this before, but happy to learn quick
Mikey FryJul 2 2024, 3:56pmThanks Eoin hopefully get someone to help you out:)
Miriam MaherJul 2 2024, 5:00pmMikey/Eoin, have put myself down as shadow laptop so will give you a dig out.

Miriam
Mikey FryJul 10 2024, 2:59pmHave enough volunteers now thanks..
Mikey FryJul 10 2024, 3:00pmAnd there’s also a new route with a tunnel so be careful when I am able I’ll try put up a map…
Alan KennedyJul 10 2024, 3:09pmWill it be a Tunnel of Love??
Elaine CaseyJul 11 2024, 12:02amAlan, this is an IMRA race, it's more likely to be a tunnel of hurt lol.
Mikey FryJul 11 2024, 11:22amDepends if you have someone waiting there for you Alan:)))
Andy KeelingJul 11 2024, 12:10pmNotes on the tunnel.
Though we are all used to our races being, for the most part, non-subterranean this new route will feature a tunnel. Fear not. The tunnel will be well lit for the race. It is clear and clean (no spiderwebs or Indiana Jones style boobie traps). See picture on event page. It's approximately 30m long. 175cm high at the entrance and 165cm at the exit so ducking your head down is advisable for taller runners but we've had lower branches at other races. The middle of the tunnel is actually quite high and I can run upright through most of it. Practice your duck/limbo running moves now for the entrance and exit. The penitent runner shall pass.
Dave DochertyJul 11 2024, 12:19pmWe'll have to get the lead mines tunnels incorporated into the Scalp now.
Niall CorriganJul 11 2024, 12:27pm“200! You guys are crazy, certifiable.” Not a race for every Tom, Dick or Harry.
Alan KennedyJul 11 2024, 12:30pmSo will a Hard Hat be part of the minimum kit requirement?
I'm only up the road from it and never knew about the tunnel, looks great, but def advantage to the shorties!!

Will have to go up early race day for a trial run as I'm on marshal duty for this one.
Mikey FryJul 13 2024, 8:44pmA Mickey Mouse will do Alan:)))
Steven PettigrewJul 14 2024, 10:51amHey Mikey. Hope it's ok to jump in to shadow the laptop job. Need to learn the process for the Church event the following Wednesday.
Miriam MaherJul 14 2024, 7:03pmMikey - I’ve taken myself off the volunteer list because I’m not around after all on that date - but in what has to be nearly unprecedented, you have three people covering laptop! So looks like you’re well sorted:)
Mikey FryJul 14 2024, 7:15pmThanks mim I know Steven wants to get lined up on it for a race soon and they just love my races:))
Phil behanJul 14 2024, 7:21pmHi all, I’ve a few juniors in Raheny Shamrocks looking to do this . I assume there is a junior route ? Love the addition of the tunnel. With Mick Hanney’s Ratjaw climb on Annagh Hill recently, and now this tunnel all we need is an old abandoned prison on a course and we will have our very own Barkley !
Andy KeelingJul 14 2024, 10:01pmHi Phil. Junior route will be 4.9k and will take in the tunnel.
Mikey FryJul 18 2024, 10:44amHave to say no to the volunteers now thanks have enough :))
Mikey FryJul 19 2024, 1:01pmHey Imra people thanks again for helping at this race here’s what I’d like you guys to do please obviously some know already what there doing…..

Peter—marshal
Alan k -marshal
Jbell-marshal
Ben m-marshal
Brian w-marshal
Rich-marshal
Lesleyann-marshal
Brian k—marshal
Elain—marshal
Daniel secret tunnel stuff
Marshals Andrew will be emailing you guys with what he wants you guys to do thanks
Pat m -parking and finish line numbers
Sile meet and greet at sign in area finish line numbers
Aoife sign in sheets
Stephane sign in sheets
Graeme and Ellie giving out numbers

And I will need some help setting up the food and drink after but can sort on the night .

Thanks again if you need to ask anything my number is 0872464549

Mikey the something:))
Mikey FryJul 19 2024, 1:05pmSorry don’t know what emails we’re doing so sent message on this for race so hoping everyone sees this I just made a slight change with Daniel do I might need another parking person so will try dirt that out:)))
Mikey FryJul 19 2024, 1:07pmThanks Paul seen you down there you can help with car parking please and probably end of race numbers..
Stéphane ClaudeJul 21 2024, 9:58amHey Mikey, Andy, I have volunteered on this. May I be one of the marshalls please? Stéphane
Andy KeelingJul 21 2024, 9:44pmEmail sent to all the marshalls. If you didn't get it give me a bell on 0 ate tree ate 9 too won 65 ate. Stéphane, i have you down to marshall at the top of the lane at the forest entrance.
Emma DeeringJul 22 2024, 4:34pmIs there a short course for this?
Lillian DeeganJul 22 2024, 4:53pmHi Emma, there is a short course - it is 4.9km and takes in the tunnel on the route as per Andy K’s msg above. .

Our junior race routes tie in to form the short course and continue to give a decent challenge for those taking part.

Hope to see you there on Wednesday evening.
Andy KeelingJul 22 2024, 5:54pmCourse Notes
Race start will be at bottom of Ballydonagh lane as usual. From here it’s a climb up to Stephane who’ll turn you into single-track/forest section to right of main gate. There’s some fallen trees to jump in this section so practice your hurdles now. This trail will lead to Brian W at the wall crossing who will direct you left up towards the octagon. When you get to the octagon follow marking up to fire road at top where John will turn you up left into another single-track/mountain bike trail. Follow markers to Dan where you’ll take a right into the gully that leads you through the tunnel. It’s 175cm high at entrance and 165cm high at exit. Please, please watch your head. After the tunnel follow tape along mountain bike trail down to Richard. Here you’ll turn left onto fire road. Fire road turns left at a junction after not too long and then straight on up to Alan. Here full course will snap back left onto mountain bike trail descent and Short/Junior course will keep straight all the way back to Stephane at the lane and on down to the finish.
Keeping with the full course you’ll descend around (or straight through) a lovely oak tree down to myself at a road junction where I’ll direct you towards a fast single-track section to the top of the zig zags. Here you’ll meet Peter. No cutting corners here. Please follow the tape. After you’re down off the zig zags you’ll swing around right and onto the river trail. You’ll hear the n11 traffic on your left. This trail will lead you to Lesleyann who’ll turn you right up a climb to Brian K and left into single-track climb. At top of this climb turn left and left again onto a long fire road descent. This will bring you all the way down to the n11 again where you’ll keep straight at Elaine and into the final climb. This trail will snap back on itself to the right and up to Brian W who’ll turn you back into the hurdling tree forest section towards the finish. Once you get through the trees it’s a test of steep downhill road running. The final stretch is own ballydonagh lane to the relief of the finish line.
Hope you all enjoy the route.
See you Wednesday
Mikey FryJul 22 2024, 6:08pmSorry Richard and Gerald I have enough volunteers please look at some races which do need more volunteers:))
Mikey FryJul 22 2024, 6:11pmVolunteers come for 6.15 if you didn’t see you email mails and Patrik your first aid do you don’t need to be early but after 7 good thanks :)
Paul MahonJul 22 2024, 6:35pmNo Problem Mikey.
Happy to help with parking / numbers and whatever is needed on the night
Mikey FryJul 22 2024, 8:47pmOk we’ve decided to do an early start on Wednesday night….
Alan AylingJul 23 2024, 11:30pmBut the tunnel lights only come on at 7:45, right? ;-)
John BellJul 24 2024, 8:18amFor anyone feeling hungry after the race, IMRA are supplying the usual finger food, and you can buy an ice-cream at the stall in the garden centre and these guys will be open: https://www.thebigboys.ie/
Louis MulleeJul 24 2024, 8:40amThis is the perfect race to leave the car at home and reduce Imras carbon footprint, the 131 /133 bus stops right beside race registration!

https://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=406&form-view-timetables-from=Dublin+%28Cabinteely+Cross%29&form-view-timetables-to=&form-view-timetables-route=133&form-view-timetables-submit=1
Louis MulleeJul 24 2024, 9:07amAnd Please Remember:

"there’s only room for 80 car spaces and a 3euro charge per car so we will have to carpool as much as possible."
Lillian DeeganJul 24 2024, 9:28am@ Richard Kieran, Morning - Thanks for the help offer for this evening. As it happens RD Mikey has enough help for this race. On Monday he declined your previous help offer and popped up a forum post for you and another offer on Monday evening last.

There are plenty more events that will need just as many helpers before YE. Might you be ok to look at the some of those and offer there if you can.

Thanks,
Lillian (DRD at the Downs)
Mikey FryJul 24 2024, 9:41amPlease car pool tonight car pool car pool car pool there’s is over 230 entries so far….
Mikey FryJul 24 2024, 9:42amYes Alan:)))))))))
Steven PettigrewJul 24 2024, 12:57pmNote for parking tonight. If you're using google, make sure to search for Outdoor Living on Ballydonagh Rd.
Link is here: https://maps.app.goo.gl/gtmHmkzGroPfrg8fA

If you search for Horkans it will automatically show you an address of the one up at Foxrock. Don't go there.
Ger OTooleJul 24 2024, 3:50pmCan you get into Horkans directly from M11 if travelling South? or is it necessary to go via Glenview?
Louis MulleeJul 24 2024, 4:02pmlast reminder, there are 80 car park spaces and 255 entrants... so thats at least 3 people per car minimum!
Mikey FryJul 24 2024, 10:55pmJust want to say a big well done to Andy keeling great new route at glen of the downs got great response for so many people welll done to all winners and thanks so much for all my helpers an amazing job by everyone without you guys it would have not been so well done:)))
Ger OTooleJul 25 2024, 12:25amRESULTS QUERY. Hi, my number 3179 does not appear to be in the results. Watch time was 47.00. Thanks for a super race. Ger
David PowerJul 25 2024, 6:47amResults queries, please email results@imra.ie and we'll get it sorted.
Brendan LawlorJul 25 2024, 6:55amThank you to Mikey, Lillian, Andy, John Bell and the other volunteers for yesterday’s super race. I’ve run in that forest dozens of times and still only recognized about a quarter of the route! Thanks to Horkans Garden Centre too for providing the parking
Anna MichaelJul 25 2024, 9:06amThank you Mikey and all the volunteers for putting on a brilliant race last night. Great course and the refreshments afterwards were much appreciated too.
James ClancyJul 25 2024, 10:26amThank a mil Mikey and all your fantastic volunteers for a really amazing night. The new course was absolutely brilliant and very well thought out, well done!!
Joan RyanJul 25 2024, 10:32amThanks Mikey and all the volunteers for a brilliant race.

Imra races never get any easier.......

Very handy having the burger van after!!!!!!!!!
Alan AylingJul 25 2024, 4:42pmgreat race... boom...
Jeff SwordsJul 25 2024, 6:07pmWe've had an abnormal amount of runners who haven't received a result. If you've been in touch via the mailbox but haven't included your race number, time you think you finished in and if you've done short/long course and early/regular start there's not much that can be done without it

For those that may not have done so or aren't familiar with the process, when you sign in to the race on the sign-in sheets you also must register with the laptop operator, otherwise you won't be registered as finishing.
Conall FinnJul 25 2024, 9:18pmSuper race Mikey & all the volunteer crew. I had the most fun on that route of all the IMRAs I’ve done so far, with twists and turns and double switch back loops along with the maze runner tunnel. Dan Barry’s little dude with the “Careful Now” poster cracked me up. Super route plotting Andy K. I tried to squeeze in the Early Start and get back to run the Short course with my little dude but was actually glad to meet him
coking to the top of that 1st hill rather than the bottom…
He was chuffed to blow whistle for the start again.
Dave DochertyJul 26 2024, 1:16pmThanks to Mikey and crew for a gruelling race, can't believe it was only 8K.
I think I may have lost my Jabra wireless earbuds in Horkans if anyone has come across them.
Jeff SwordsJul 26 2024, 3:45pmAfternoon,

I think we have all runners that were missing from the first set of results published so if you're still missing mail IMRAresults at gmail dot com and I'll take a look.