Irish Mountain
Running Association

Carnaween

AuthorDateMessage
Rosy TempleJun 30 2024, 3:51pmHi all, looking forward to Saturday!

Please car share were possible, there are likely to be folks coming from e.g. Swinford, Sligo, NI areas. There will be refreshments at the Prizegiving at Letterbarrow Football Club. For those still thirsty, we'll head to O'Neill's Pub in Letterbarrow (c. 10 min drive from FC).

The open mountain section will be marked but as there are no tracks, there is space for 4 course marshals if anybody is interested, please sign up on the volunteer section & I'll add you to the temporary volunteer whatsapp group.

Any questions, fire away and I am also on 00353 85 803 6295.
Jonathan McCloyJul 6 2024, 4:08pmThanks to the organisers and volunteers. Great race and great to get out somewhere different.
Peter McEvoyJul 6 2024, 5:31pmClass race thanks to all the organisers and Marshall’s “keeper litttttt!”
Aaron MontgomeryJul 6 2024, 6:37pmA big thanks to Rosy and the team for a well orgainsed andarked out course run. It was a great wee race and worth the 2 hours drive and loved the wee treats at the end. Again, thanks to all for making this wee race possible.
Bernie BoyleJul 8 2024, 12:52amThanks Rosy for laying on a really terrific event and giving up your Friday night, to go out in the rain, to mark the Carnaween course despite your arm being in cast. My gratitude to the marshalls for standing 452m up Carnaween through that hail storm in order to make our lives that bit easier. The refreshments and fab prizes were the icing on the cake. Thanks again !
Rosy TempleJul 8 2024, 8:46amThanks guys! It was great to see such a turn out; thank you everybody for travelling to experience the hills of Donegal in all weathers & gradients (!), to the volunteers for making it all happen and to the local community for giving access to run about the mountain & use Letterbarrow FC as base. A fun day out!

If anybody has any photos, do pop them up on IMRA or send a couple on to me so we can share on social! (00353 85 803 6295).

Looking forward to the rest of the IMRA North West summer season and see you on the hills.
Jeff SwordsJul 8 2024, 11:01amResults up, mail IMRAresults at gmail dot com if there's any issues.
Mark AlexanderJul 8 2024, 11:49amRosy & Team

Thank you for a fantastic race and post race refreshments! We thoroughly enjoyed our adventure to Donegal.

Mark & Willie
Ballymena Runners / NIMRA
Karen WiltonJul 8 2024, 12:35pmThanks for great event, enjoyed the day. Big appreciation to marshalls out in on the mountain & well marked course. And thanks organisers
Rónán Davison-KernanJul 8 2024, 2:29pmMany thanks to Rosy and all the volunteers who made this possible! Very well organised. Great to have a race in Donegal and fantastic to see it so well supported by runners from all over. Will definitely be back and hope we can build on this and Mullaghcarn last week to see more races in the hills of western Ulster!
Brendan LawlorJul 9 2024, 11:26amWell done and thank you to Rosy Temple and her volunteer team on reintroducing IMRA to Donegal. Aul lads like me will remember when we used to race up Errigal but there hasn't been an IMRA race up there for a while, as far as I'm aware.

There is a quiet mountain running revolution taking place in the North West led by the redoubtable Turlough Conway who is assembling, supporting and training a great team of Race Directors and Deputy Race Directors all across the North West. Maith sibh go leir and long may it continue to develop.

The Wests Awake !
Rosy TempleJul 14 2024, 7:03pmThank you Brendan, glad to see a Donegal peak back on the IMRA calendar! Yep, Turlough is doing some work on bringing the IMRA spirit to the west and with plenty of new ground a foot!