Irish Mountain
Running Association

Reeks Vertical 800

AuthorDateMessage
Brian FarrenJun 25 2024, 9:23pmHi. Interested in doing this run and the Cronin Yard run. Are you putting up a map of the routes?
Michael McSweeneyJun 25 2024, 11:31pmHi Brian.
The Vertical is the first 3km of the Skyline route, up to Cruach Mor. There is a map on the Skyline page. Race is up hill only. Retrace you steps, carefully, back down to Cronins Yard for refreshments. The lads had the route up through the final kilometer of scrambling marked last year.

Cronins Yard Loop is is a fully marked Way Marked Way in the Hags Glen. It leaves Cronins Yard and climbs the main track up through the Glen until you reach the edge of the lake. Then follow the Way Marked Way markings up across the bog and heath, looping back around and following the Way Markings all the way back to Cronins Yard. The first 2.5ish km is on hard rocky trail. The second half is on lovely runnable bog and heath. The route is the first 2.5is km of the old Classic route, then it skips over across the bog to join the finial 2ish km of the new Classic route.
Hope this helps.
Micheal.
Brian FarrenJun 26 2024, 8:56amThat's Great, Thanks Michael
Michael KellyJul 8 2024, 10:54pmHi.
Probably a Longshot but if there’s anyone going down to vertical 800 Friday from Carlow/wexford/wicklow area let me know please.
Thank you.
Can share fuel cost.
Brian FarrenJul 12 2024, 12:47amHi. What time is registration open for the Vertical 800
Michael McSweeneyJul 12 2024, 12:56amBrian,
Normally reg is open about an hour before the race, so around 7ish.
Sure it's only a short little run. :-)
Micheal.
Brian FarrenJul 12 2024, 1:12amThat’s what scares me!!
Ben ManganJul 12 2024, 9:32amDo you still want a lift Michael?
ill be driving down the east coast this afternoon if you want a lift? I've posted it on the car pool section on the event page of you want to message me. Cheers, Ben
Brian FlannellyJul 15 2024, 7:26amResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie