Irish Mountain
Running Association

Glendalough Tucker Trail

AuthorDateMessage
sharon moorhouseJun 23 2024, 1:57pmHey team! Not to sound silly but - if we’re signing up as a team of 3 for the relay of this - should we be signing up here or for the “Glendo clover relay” event that’s live on the site for the same day?! Just want to make sure we sign up for the right thing! Thaaanks!
Sean Sheridan-O'GormanJun 23 2024, 7:00pmHi Sharon,

Greg/the team can correct me if I’m wrong but from reading the Clover Race pack you sign up on the Clover event page - your captain pays one entry fee which covers their team. Each member needs to be a 2024 IMRA member.
Greg ByrneJun 23 2024, 10:34pmHi Sharon, purchase an Event Entry for Glendalough Clover (Relay) (20 July, 2024) for 36 euro in the shop if you wish to entry the relay race.

One entry will cover the team, and we will follow up closer the time to get the team details and ensure everyone is an IMRA member for 2024.
John Garry MooreJun 24 2024, 10:08amGood morning

Will it be the same 3 out and back routes in the same order as last years event?

Thanks in advance
sharon moorhouseJun 24 2024, 6:37pmSounds great, will do - thanks a million for the response Seán and Greg! :)
Greg ByrneJun 25 2024, 9:18pm@John Garry Moore, it will be the same course as last year.
Martin StevensonJul 4 2024, 9:54amHi downloaded the map seems it’s only 66km long?
Paul FlynnJul 4 2024, 12:43pmWhich map are you talking about Martin?

The plotaroute one on the main event page is clearly 81.162 km.

The map in the race information pack matches the plotaroute one.
Paul FlynnJul 4 2024, 12:46pmOh, maybe you're talking about the map for the relay?

The relay doesn't include the Spinc loop at the start, so it would be shorter.
Greg ByrneJul 4 2024, 10:10pm@Martin Stevenson, I suspect there is an error in the map you downloaded.

This will be the 7th edition of this race and while distance in trail races are always estimates as yet nobody has manage to cut 10 miles off the official distance.

Let us know where you downloaded the map, in what format, if the start and finish were located correctly and how you assessed the distance? We can then check on our end to see if we can fix the problem.
Grace NugentJul 5 2024, 9:55pmHi @Greg Byrne, I didn’t realise the Clover Relay was capped at 15 teams. Would there be any way of getting another team registered? I went to sign up today and it’s saying the event is sold out. I would have registered sooner if I knew, sorry.
Greg ByrneJul 7 2024, 8:14pm@Grace Nugent, as the ultra has not sold out we've been able to add three additional team places to the relay event. Entries still close tonight at midnight.
Paul FlynnJul 8 2024, 11:25amHi All, would anybody be travelling to this race from Greystones or nearby (or, failing that, passing through Kilmacanogue) that could give me a lift?
Thanks, Paul.
Eoin PhelanJul 9 2024, 3:40pmHi James/Greg
i am down as a volunteer for Saturday but now my wife has neen asked to work and will need a lift from me. i can be at glemdalough for 10:30AM if there is anything i can help with then?

thanks,
Eoin
Greg ByrneJul 9 2024, 9:04pm@Eoin, thanks for the update. Will be in touch with the volunteer details early next week.
Julian KennedyJul 12 2024, 6:48am@Paul Flynn I'll be coming from just outside Kilmac and can pick you up there no problem.
Paul FlynnJul 12 2024, 9:31am@Julian, that's great thanks. Do you want to add yourself to the car-pool on the event page and I can accept?
Rory CampbellJul 12 2024, 4:08pmHi Greg, I'd registered for this, but can't make it now unfortunately. Just FYI. Enjoy the race all.
Denise BarrettJul 13 2024, 7:19amHi will there be any pre race mail/briefing, I’m just thinking about aid stations and refuelling many thanks
Denise BarrettJul 13 2024, 7:22amSorry - got the link to open to the pdf race booklet
James TuckerJul 13 2024, 2:42pmHi Denise, there will be a pre-race briefing Zoom call on Monday at 8:30pm. I emailed the meeting details to all entrants last night. It could have gone into your spam folder but if you didn't receive it let me know the best email address for you and I will send on the link again.
Denise BarrettJul 15 2024, 11:02amThank you - yes I found it in spam - looking forward to logging in this eve
Eoin HamiltonJul 16 2024, 9:34amUnfortunately, due to injury, I'm going to have to sit this one out. I'll be down in glendo for support and happy to volunteer if any are needed
Julian KennedyJul 17 2024, 2:14pmUnfortunately I've tested positive for covid so going to give this one a miss. Best of luck all!
Eoin KeithJul 17 2024, 5:07pmWould anyone be able to give me a lift to/from Tucker Trail this weekend? I'm located near Lamb's Cross, not too far from junction 14 of the M50.
Thanks
Richard MoriartyJul 19 2024, 10:01am@Eoin,

I'm heading up from Rathfarnham...happy to pick you up on the way...you'll be well finished ahead of me for the lift home though!!

text me on 086 823 1830
James HeggieJul 19 2024, 10:20amThe maps in the manditary kit are they covered by
The race pack booklet ? Will we be getting a copy of pack at registration like last year ? Sorry if this was coveted on zoom call but I couldn’t make it last week .
Greg ByrneJul 19 2024, 10:59am@James Heggie, the maps in the race booklet will suffice, but you will need to bring your own printouts in some form of waterproof case or ziplock bag.

We will NOT have printouts, maps or race booklets at registration.

If you have something from last year, feel free to bring it. Anything from before 2023 will have the old leg 1 route and should be used with caution.

Please ensure you have a map you feel comfortable to navigate from, or can use to ask for directions.
Greg ByrneJul 19 2024, 10:59amTracker Link for the the race tomorrow:

https://live.primaltracking.com/tuckertrail24
Daniel MooreJul 19 2024, 12:21pmHi Guys, sorry if this has already been answered, I have downloaded a route yo my Garmin but I believe it might be incorrect, where will I get the latest?
James TuckerJul 19 2024, 3:45pmHi Daniel, you can download the gpx from the plotaroute site linked in the route description (https://www.plotaroute.com/route/2191319)
James TuckerJul 19 2024, 3:49pmBut please also make sure you have a physical map to Greg's point above. A gpx will not be accepted as your "mandatory kit" map.
Giraud SebastienJul 21 2024, 8:38amMany thanks for having us. Big kudos to all the volunteers and the team who organised the event.
Richard MoriartyJul 21 2024, 2:10pmA huge thank you to all of the organisers and volunteers who persevered in the rain and survived the midges to allow us to make eejits of ourselves in the hills
Lillian DeeganJul 21 2024, 2:53pmHey Richard,

Great seeing you do the biz above yesterday - whoop whoop! And gracious thanks for the gifting. Apollo had a corkscrew too :) Had we all not needing to drive away home, there could have been an all nighter on the green with the midges.

See you in October with bells on ;)
Jeff SwordsJul 21 2024, 6:28pmResults published, mail me at IMRAresults at gmail dot com if there's any issues.
Sarah ByrneJul 22 2024, 10:17amA huge thanks to all the volunteers for a great day on the hills
Declan McInerneyJul 24 2024, 12:02amMassive thank you to all the volunteers for extended day out on the hills! And all the help along the way. A great day.
Lillian DeeganJul 24 2024, 10:30amLost & Found from the Tucker. I’ve popped up a pic of two items left behind last Saturday. Can anyone claim or know who who owns a soft flask and a black peaked Vaga cap. The Dublin Mt. map has been claimed.