Irish Mountain
Running Association

Rant incoming

AuthorDateMessage
Liam VinesJun 20 2024, 9:26pmWe had an official complaint about parking and urinating after last night’s race.

The parking we can apologise for and put a plan in place so as it won’t happen again next year. Although we have races coming up where we cannot have 150-180 cars turning up and hope to get a spot for everyone. I put up my hand I turned up to the scalp in my van on my own. There are times when you just have to travel on your own. BUT We all have to find a way of doing better for the next lot of races.

The urinating in public sight is totally unacceptable. There were toilets available at registration last night and there was 200 acres of forest available to relieve the pre-race nerves as often as needed. Its nature we all do it but what we don’t do is urinate in someone’s hedge on a public street. This is not IMRA.
This is just an information post I don’t want it to become an I saw and He did and She was forum debate.

The apologies have gone out we hope they have been accepted. Line drawn and onto next week.