Irish Mountain
Running Association

Wicklow Round Attempts

AuthorDateMessage
Brian hutchinsonJun 20 2024, 10:20amHi

I would like to give notice that I am hoping to make an attempt at the Wicklow Round, starting 2:00am this Monday 24th June 2024. Looking forward to spending time in these glorious surroundings, but hopefully not more than 24h - fingers crossed!

Brian Hutchinson 991
Graham K. BusheJun 20 2024, 10:31amHi Brian. Wishing you the very best of luck.
I hope everything goes to plan, and the weather is good.
Enjoy your day in the Wicklow Mountains.
Ciaran CrokeJun 20 2024, 11:52amBrilliant! Wish you the very best of luck Brian.
Weather is looking good. Bring the sunscreen :)
Sean ForsythJun 20 2024, 12:14pmGood luck Brian, hope all goes well on the day for you.
Brian MullinsJun 20 2024, 2:04pmBest of luck Brian. Not a bother to you after making Beara look so easy.
Graham K. BusheJun 25 2024, 1:44pmHard luck Brian.
You had a great run considering that heat, combined with the vegetation in places..
I've no doubt you'll be back to have another crack at it.
Brian hutchinsonJun 26 2024, 12:24pmA really big thanks to all for all your good wishes and support for my Wicklow Round attempt. I had fabulous day out, the weather and the mountains were at their finest; I had the best of support from my sister and son; and I loved it out there - but I retired at Sheepbanks (94km) having carelessly strayed off piste into dense vegetation one too many times and becoming exhausted trying to recover. No excuses and no regrets though; I’ll be back!

Special thanks Primal Tracking for the tracker and to Richard Nunan for organising.