Irish Mountain
Running Association

Wobbly Bridge Rathdrum

AuthorDateMessage
Dave DochertyJun 11 2024, 11:02amJust wondering if there is a junior route confirmed for this event? Any plans for smaller kids this year? Thanks
Niamh O'CeallaighJun 12 2024, 3:46pmHi Dave,
The junior / short route will be 4.3km - the same as last year. The accessible / little kids race is TBC. By the way I still have your welding rods from ages ago. I'll bring them along.
Thanks NIamh
Dave RyanJun 13 2024, 10:20pmHello, Is there an early start planned.
Cheers
Niamh O'CeallaighJun 14 2024, 3:19pmNo early start for this one. It is a relatively short run.
Niamh O'CeallaighJun 17 2024, 12:11amIn an attempt to make our race as inclusive as possible, there will be 4 options to choose from.

1. The regular "long route". 8km. Well marked and marshalled. Chip timed.
7:30pm start from Yellow start

2. The regular"short course". 4.3km. Suitable for children under 14 or anybody who prefers a shorter race. Chip timed. Children taking part in this race must wear a yellow bib to ensure they are directed on the correct route by marshals.
7:35pm start from Yellow start

3. The Blue Route. 2km run, jog, walk. This is for any children who feel more comfortable running a shorter distance.
Register online as normal for this race.
It is also suitable for anybody who would like to try out trail running including those that may have a disability that would make participation in a longer route difficult.
This route will mainly be on good quality trail with a short section on a rough downhill path.
The route will be well marked and marshalled. As per IMRA rules, children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult throughout.
No chip timing. Times will be published on IMRA Forum.
7:40pm start from the Blue start (wobbly bridge)

4. Accessible challenge run/roll for kids of all ages. A wheelchair/buggy accessible individual challenge. Choose whether you want to complete 200m, 300m or 400m. A small prize for all participants. Parents must supervise their kids.
No registration required.
Vehicle access to start location available for those with mobility issues. Please contact Niamh on 085 1445209 in advance if you need vehicular access.
7:10pm start from the Blue start (wobbly bridge)
James CurranJun 17 2024, 10:51amWhet time for volunteers Niamh?
Hamish ChurchJun 17 2024, 11:10amHi just wondering if juniors over 14 are allowed run the full course?
Niamh O'CeallaighJun 17 2024, 12:18pm@Hamish,
The maximum allowable distances for juniors at IMRA Races are as follows:
6yrs-13yrs: Max 5km
14-15yrs: 7Max
16-17yrs: 10km

So for Wobbly bridge, anyone aged 15 or younger is not permitted to enter the long route as it is over 7km.

Thanks
Niamh
Niamh O'CeallaighJun 17 2024, 12:19pm@James Curran - Email going out shortly. Thanks
Niamh O'CeallaighJun 17 2024, 12:33pm****CORRECTION REGARDING JUNIORS:
Contrary to my previous post, Juniors aged under 10 years need to be accompanies on the course. (I had previously said U12 yrs).
Thanks
Angus TynerJun 17 2024, 1:09pmThe age categories are done by year of birth, not age on day(apart from the under 10 year old just referred to). So anyone born in 2008 can run the full course.
Hamish ChurchJun 17 2024, 1:40pmOk thanks for clearing it up
Niamh O'CeallaighJun 19 2024, 10:24amLimited parking (60 spaces max) at registration area due to construction works. We have 250+ runners signed up.
Please car pool

Use these alternative parking areas. All less than 5/10 min walk to registration - Put in Google Maps
1. Ballygannon Wood Car Park
2. Avonmore River Walk (park on road by mill)
3. St. Mary's and St. Michael's Church
4. Rathdrum Recycling Centre (car park is actually at the top of the Lower street and not on the main street as shown on google maps)

Thank you very much for your cooperation with this. A large crowd is expected tonight so please arrive early to get parked, registered and to your start.
Lillian DeeganJun 19 2024, 2:02pmConor will have the new chip timing in use this evening.

We won’t be needing anyone to show their old tag.

Can we ask everyone to bring your race bib No. to sign-in. Everyone needs to see the laptop desk at registration. We will direct you from there to each desk setup pending.

Thanks folks.

Ps - this race has plenty of them blood suckers pre and post race. Apply repellent liberally I’d be saying.

Lillian
Dave DochertyJun 19 2024, 10:46pmThanks so much for tonight to Niamh and crew. Putting very happy and worn out boys to bed just now. Thanks for going the extra mile to make the race so inclusive. They'll be talking about this one for weeks.
Caroline ReidJun 20 2024, 9:47amWell done to Niamh and her team on a lovely race and evening. There was a great buzz about and it was a breath of fresh air to see all the youngsters. Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Sandra Orozco, hope your ankle heals quickly.
Niall McGuinnessJun 20 2024, 9:47amThanks so much Niamh and all your helpers for the race last night. The addition of the 2km distance really worked for my son too. We really enjoyed it. The regular short race distances are generally still a bridge too far, so this addition is a great stepping stone. Thanks for all your efforts, they are very much appreciated.
Jenni MileyJun 20 2024, 9:57amThanks for a well organised run last night Niamh. Not easy to coordinate a large number of runners, from young to old, but you did it amazingly.

Thanks for all the volunteers on the route, great encouragement along the way !
Conall FinnJun 20 2024, 10:45amNiamh and support crew. Thank you for helping make some core memories for our kiddos. My wolfling really enjoyed the whole experience. His highlight was announcing the 3,2,1 & 3,2,1 Go for the short 4K course. (Deputy RD I’m training ).
The inclusivity for children and runners of all abilities is next level and while this course lends itself to having no less than 7 options, it was impressive how well managed and smooth the event went.

A special mention to the IMRA support crew, who helped our injured club mate, with first aid response, after she took a nasty fall. She is ok now after getting it checked out but will be out of run action for 6wks, with recovery.
Joan RyanJun 20 2024, 11:10amThanks Niamh for that impressive organisation last night. It was great to see so many little future mountain runners giving it a go.

The volunteers were really helpful and encouraging on route.
James ClancyJun 20 2024, 11:19amThank you Niamh and your very friendly volunteers for a super night last night. That was a fast course with plenty of turns!! Well done all.
Eoin HamiltonJun 20 2024, 11:41amThat was so much fun! What a class route. Thanks Niamh and all volunteers.
Sean ForsythJun 20 2024, 12:12pmHI Niamh,

Thanks for organising the race last night and the inclusion of the inclusive and blue races were fantastic, all the kids seemed to have a ball and all enjoyed their rewards.

My two girls loved the route and distance for the 2km run, they felt it was perfect for their abilities and were buzzing going to school this morning, decked out with new buffs, to tell all their class mates...its great to see that enthusiasm both on the evening and afterwards.

A big shout out to Roisin, Hannah, Becky, Foxy, Fran, Dara and Sandra for crewing and making sure all the little (and at least one big) runner stayed motivated and enjoyed it...great work by everyone.
Sean ForsythJun 20 2024, 12:13pmOh and a big thanks to Dave Docherty for teaching kids and adults how to grass whistle. A fine skill to have
Henny BrandsmaJun 20 2024, 12:49pmThanks Niamh and all the volunteers, for a well run race in many categories, from the long and short courses to little ones, who had a great time. Was my first race back after a 5 weeks lay off, do to illness and injury, great to be back again and alltough I had to take it easy, really enjoyed the race, with was well marked and marshalled.