Irish Mountain
Running Association

Ballinastoe

AuthorDateMessage
John FitzgeraldJun 10 2024, 3:02pmBallinastoe is just three weeks away.
Thanks to all who have volunteer so far.
I still need Laptop Operator, First Aider
and a few more running and non running
volunteer's. Many thanks. John.
Elaine CaseyJun 16 2024, 2:54pmCan someone put a Google maps link to the start point for this please? Also, will there be an early start? Thanks
Jessica O MearaJun 17 2024, 1:51pmHi, what’s the distance of the short/junior cse for this please? Thanks
John FitzgeraldJun 17 2024, 2:43pmShort/Junior course will be 5K approximately.
John FitzgeraldJun 20 2024, 3:42pmShout out for a second FIRST AIDER
for this race. Niall and Lillian were
really busy last year. Very essential
somebody will sign up.
John FitzgeraldJun 20 2024, 9:09pmBrilliant thanks so much Derek.
Elaine CaseyJun 23 2024, 3:25pmHi, can someone please put a map link to the start point for this and is there an early start?

Thanks
John FitzgeraldJun 23 2024, 8:12pmHi Elaine.
Early start at 7.00.
Main start at 7.30.
Junioe/Short course at 7.40.
Maeve FlynnJun 24 2024, 9:08amHi John, unfortunately I have to pull out of volunteering for this race. My apologies,
Maeve
John FitzgeraldJun 25 2024, 12:03amThanks for letting me know Maeve.
Eoin SyronJun 28 2024, 11:44amHI All,
The Ballinastoe route will be slightly different this year, due to some roads that have being built in the forest that are not suitable for running. The route is now 11km

https://www.strava.com/routes/3241719998505507618

Regards
John FitzgeraldJun 28 2024, 9:25pmHuge thank you to everyone who has volunteerd
for Ballinastoe. I have a full team now.Plenty more
hill races in the next few weeks to sign up for.
Niall McHughJun 30 2024, 6:02pmHi John, I was looking to get some experience to shadow on the laptop if possible? I see the role is already filled - I'd be happy to watch and learn uncredited. I will be helping out at Church Mountain later on in the league so will need training. Thanks
Conor NolanJun 30 2024, 7:45pmGood call Eoin. I was on the course last week and that new road is awful to run on. 'Though not sure I'm looking forward to the boardwalk on a wet Wednesday :)
John FitzgeraldJun 30 2024, 8:52pmHi Niall. You are now accepted
for wed evening.
John FitzgeraldJun 30 2024, 9:00pmEntry for Ballinastoe opens at 9am.
tomorrow Monday 1st. July.
There is a cap of 220 so enter early and don't be disappointed.
John FitzgeraldJun 30 2024, 9:19pmWould anyone on my volunteering
list be prepared to do Race Sweeper.
Rory CampbellJul 1 2024, 9:44amHi John, yes, I'll sweep.
John FitzgeraldJul 1 2024, 10:44amThanks you Rory, that's great.
Harriette RobinsonJul 1 2024, 11:01amHey, let me know if something changes and you need any more volunteers or a camera women?
John FitzgeraldJul 1 2024, 11:14amThanks Harriette. A camera woman
would be very much appreciated. John.
Niall McHughJul 1 2024, 11:22amHi John, thanks for adding me, see you on Wednesday
John FitzgeraldJul 1 2024, 11:29amBallinastoe Details.
Registration 6pm to 7.15pm.
Early Start 7pm.
Main Start 7.30pm.
Junior/Short Course Start 7.35.
Long Course is 11K.
Junior/Course is 4.7K. and is upto
the W.W Boardwalk and back to the Start.
Please car pool if at all possible.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
John.
Stéphane ClaudeJul 1 2024, 11:40amHi John, myself and Marie are on the volunteer list. What time you want us (we're carpooling) to be there? Stéphane
John FitzgeraldJul 1 2024, 1:31pmHi Stephane and Marie. I will be requesting
all volunteers to be at Ballinastoe for 5.45.
Keep an eye on this forum page tomorrow
for duties. John.
Harriette RobinsonJul 1 2024, 4:12pmGreat thank you.
Stéphane ClaudeJul 1 2024, 5:03pmThank you!
John FitzgeraldJul 2 2024, 2:38pmVOLUNTEERS
Please arrive for 5.45pm and bring your
hi-vis please.
I have assigned the following roles.
Meet and Greet--Caroline Reid.
Check in desk--Dan Geelon
Aideen Burke.
Numbers desk--Aoife 0 Brien
Marie Leoutre.
EarlyStart/Junior Start--Caoimhe O Donnell.
Parking Marshalls Henny Brandsma
David Rouse.
Peter McGoey
Martin Cullen
Rory Campbell
Course Marshalls Stephen Claude
Gordon Douglas
Eoin O Brian
Vlad Len
David Noel Ryan
Aidan Redmond
Race Sweeper Rory Campbell
Reg Finish Line Dan Geelon
Aideen Burke
Aoife O Brien
Marie Leotre
Raffle Vivian O Gorman.
Sharon WheelerJul 2 2024, 3:22pmHi I volunteered for shadow laptop, but i don't see my name on list.
Thanks
Sharon
John FitzgeraldJul 2 2024, 3:38pmHi Sharon,I have accepted you on the full
volunteering list and look forward to seeing
you tomorrow evening. John.
Eamonn HodgeJul 2 2024, 3:55pmDon't suppose anyone is driving to Wexford (town after the race?!
Eamonn HodgeJul 2 2024, 3:57pmDon't suppose anyone is driving to Wexford (town) after the race?!

(was missing the closing parenthesis)
Aideen BurkeJul 2 2024, 5:08pmJohn - I’m very sorry for the late notice but due to work commitments I won’t be able to make it out tomorrow to volunteer. Wishing you all the best with the race.
Peter StringerJul 2 2024, 6:09pmHi, what timing chips are being used tomorrow? The old system (on shoe), the new system (on back of number), or both?

Thanks.
liam kennyJul 2 2024, 6:13pmHi John I’ll be picking up race kit from you after your event, I’ll see you at reg
John FitzgeraldJul 2 2024, 6:33pmThanks for letting me know Audeen.
John FitzgeraldJul 2 2024, 6:35pmSee you tomorrow Liam.
John FitzgeraldJul 2 2024, 7:53pmHi Peter, I presume it will be the new timing
chips as per last few weeks but bring your
shoe chip just in case.
Peter StringerJul 2 2024, 8:31pmThanks John, will bring both!
Liam VinesJul 2 2024, 9:24pmHi all don’t want to be sounding like a broken record but we can’t have parking drama like we had last year or this race could be lost for next year..
John has loads of parking marshals on duty do what they ask of you and park as tight and a neat as possible. Be early it’s easier for everyone…
Do not park and cause a restriction on the road.
The Guards were called last year we do not want a repeat of that.
John FitzgeraldJul 2 2024, 10:23pmI'm putting 2 more 'Parking Marshals ' on duty
for tomorrow`s race. Liam has said it all.
Come early and park tight. Let everyone enjoy
another great Wednesday evening league race.
Muireann CodyJul 3 2024, 9:13amHi,
Anyone driving from Stillorgan or passing along the N11 and could give a lift please let me know. Thanks a mill.
Eoin SyronJul 3 2024, 9:55amMidge spray will be beneficial tonight!
Elaine LeeJul 3 2024, 11:35amHi Muireann, I'll be coming along the N11 past Stillorgan and have just put it up in the car pooling section.
Muireann CodyJul 3 2024, 2:05pmHi Elaine,
Change of plan at my end so I won't now need to take you up on your kind offer. Thanks so much though-much appreciated.
John FitzgeraldJul 3 2024, 2:28pmRegistration opens tonight from 6pm
to 7.15pm.Come early, park tight
carpool if possible and work with the
parking marshals. Still 9 seats available
to carpool. See you all later.
Elaine CaseyJul 3 2024, 6:00pmWhere is the start for this please?
Marie LéoutreJul 3 2024, 6:19pmElaine it's at the trails cafe at the mountain biking car park
Alan KennedyJul 3 2024, 10:39pmThanks John for a brilliant race. Course had everything, even another rope climb and the dreaded boardwalk. Thanks to Eoin for excellent marking. And the lads in car park were great managing the big numbers. Hope the few fallers are all ok and nothing serious. Derek and Lilian were busy at the end. Super night again.
Elaine CaseyJul 3 2024, 11:27pmThanks to all the volunteers this evening, a very unusual run through the forest, not sure if it was The lion, the witch and the wardrobe or Hansel and Gretel style but I loved it. The rope climb was an added bit of fun, maybe next year it could be a rope swing across the river! And thanks to Alan for the very much needed sugar at the end, not sure I'd have made it to the pub without it!
Brendan LawlorJul 4 2024, 9:35amWell done and thank you to John and Vivian, IMRA's very own chuckle brothers, for another great Ballinastoe adventure. Thank you to all their volunteers too.

But behind the happy team facade their lurks the evil genius of Eoin Syron who spends most of the cold Winters wandering these woods in search of dark and foreboding twists and turns down narrow forestry trails, streams to cross and places to hang ropes and much more.. last nights new route did not disappoint!! Thanks Eoin !
Alice ClancyJul 4 2024, 10:53amThanks John and Vivian and all the volunteers for such a fun race last night!! (And the expertly managed parking!)
Deviously brilliant route Eoin, cant remember any of it now but loved it!! Lovely sandwiches and chats after in Kavanaghs too. Ballinastoe is such a classic!
Stéphane ClaudeJul 4 2024, 11:18amApologies again to the runners who missed the sharp left turn into the woods and ran an extra 2 k or so as I Marshall #2 arrived late to my spot. Lesson learned.
Stéphane ClaudeJul 4 2024, 4:47pmSaid runners who were too kind not to be giving out to me.
John FitzgeraldJul 4 2024, 4:51pmHuge thanks to my wonderful VOLUNTEER team
last evening. Everyone of you were so accommodating
and helpful that ye made my job a joy to do.Great
to see two first time volunteers.Can I wish Stephen and Brian a speedy recovery
and I hope ye are home from hospital now.
Always a very busy one for FA.
Thanks again to my team on Laptop, on
FA, on Registration, Parking marshals,
Course marshals, Sweeper, and not
forgetting the man himself who marked
a Course to remember.
I hope everyone enjoyed your time at Ballinastoe.
Regards
John.
Greg RobinsJul 4 2024, 7:31pmhttps://photos.app.goo.gl/8uCHBR2MENkgdDA79

Some more pics from last night that I can't seem to upload from my phone.