Irish Mountain
Running Association

SKYLINE (NO ENTRY without prior approval)

AuthorDateMessage
Vlad LenJun 3 2024, 8:45pmHi Robbie, I wrote email as quick as tickets was on sale, can I get approval please
Robbie WilliamsJun 4 2024, 5:20amI have send a return email Vlad if you want to check it
Geraghty stephenJun 4 2024, 9:15pmHi Robbie
Is there an email i can contact you on ?
Geraghty stephenJun 4 2024, 9:20pmSorry never put in the ie
Ksenija Demcuka-BasinskaJun 9 2024, 6:30pmHi Robbie, I wrote email a while ago, can I get approval please.m? We are volunteering with Vlad for couple of races soon.
Adolfo GarciaJun 12 2024, 10:52amHi Robbie, have sent my email approval request and haven't seen an email back yet.

Can you please check and let me know if I need to send it again?

Reagrds,

Adolfo
Robbie WilliamsJun 12 2024, 11:54amGuys if you have completed route in past there is no need to apply

Also note change to route this year, no zig zags and coming down Bone instead so there will be cut offs in force to avoid volunteers being on hill for too long
Eric KelleherJun 29 2024, 2:20pmHi Robbie I've sent an email for approval just wondering if you have received it. Cheers.
Robbie WilliamsJun 29 2024, 3:14pmPerfect

Responded to you there .

A lot of the emails are going to junk so have to check every few days
Gerry McGuinnessJul 1 2024, 10:32amGood morning Robbie,
Noted the change on the return leg down the Bone.
Just wondering what are the official check points as the given route shows going up Skregmore and across to Beenkeeragh, while I have noticed a lot of previous runners take the trail from the hydro dam across to Lough Coomloughra and then aceend to Beenkeeragh.
Robbie WilliamsJul 1 2024, 1:05pmHi Gerry

Once you cross bottom of lake you have free route choice to the top of Beenkearagh
Gerry McGuinnessJul 1 2024, 1:12pmRobbie.
Thanks.
Patrick MullaneJul 2 2024, 10:03amHi Robbie,

I sent an email to you on the 19th June.
I'm just checking to see if you received it?

Cheers,
Patrick.
Noel DonohoeJul 2 2024, 8:06pmHi Robbie,

I sent an email 26th and also wondering if you received it.

tks

Noel
Robbie WilliamsJul 3 2024, 5:14amPatrick and Noel

Will you both check your junk mail as I replied to you more or less the same day

Both are fine
Patrick MullaneJul 3 2024, 11:02amHey Robbie,

Thanks for the response.
I had a look through the spam folder and nothing there, which is strange.
But I'll go ahead and register now anyway since you've deemed me worthy!
Noel DonohoeJul 5 2024, 5:10pmTks Robbie.
i dbl checked and no message either. just an FYI in case of others.
Entry in and hoping I don't break between now and next week :-)

what time is Reg open? at Cronins yard i presume.

Any advice on poles? allowed? bad idea as they get in the way on the ridge sections?

cheers

Noel
Andrew CoghlanJul 6 2024, 7:30am@noel, I didn't use poles in 2022 and really wished I had them from the Hydro to Beenkeragh. So, I brought them last year and was glad of them. Despite so much elevation gain and loss you'll only use them occasionally (they are no use up to Cruach Mor). If you have decent place to store them, they won't be an issue crossing Big Gun.
Robbie WilliamsJul 6 2024, 1:36pmLads if anyone hadn’t received a reply from me please let me know here. Lot of mails are going to junk . Also when I transfer them to inbox and reply there appears to be an issue.

I extended the entry from today until next Wednesday also. So get the entry in if you call yourself a mountain runner
David HernonJul 6 2024, 3:42pmHi Robbie I emailed you a few days ago for approval.
Robbie WilliamsJul 7 2024, 8:11amJust replied to you
Ciara O'NeillJul 7 2024, 10:50pmIs there a bad weather potential route planned (like last year)?
Would like to have both routes preloaded on my garmin, if possible
Robbie WilliamsJul 8 2024, 12:15pmThe bad weather route will be the Carrauntohill Mountain Race (Sunday) Route
Robbie WilliamsJul 8 2024, 12:18pmAlso

This race has been open now for a long time. I extended the closing from yesterday until Wednesday.

Then I must send the entry list to tracker company so absolutely no entry after Wednesday.

If you wish up enter please do so now.

No broken internet, or out of the county, or I thought it was the following week or that lark…

Sound Lads
Robbie WilliamsJul 8 2024, 12:33pmSorry :

Closing Thursday Night ….

Defo no excuses so :)
Ciara O'NeillJul 8 2024, 1:19pmThanks Robbie
Ian HealyJul 9 2024, 5:18pmEmailed some details for potential approval
Brian PhelanJul 10 2024, 8:10amHi, what time is registration open on Saturday?
Aoife FennellJul 10 2024, 5:00pmDoes the change in route mean we are going down O'Shea's gully from the bones? is there a gpx around?
Robbie WilliamsJul 10 2024, 6:08pmJaysus no O Sheas gully

You are following original route

The only change is you are going PAST the top of Xog zags, ascent then of Cnoc Na Chuillan to fence pole on top of Maolan Buí (Marshall) the descending the Bone and back along Cronins Yard Loop marker trail to the yard
Brian MullinsJul 10 2024, 6:16pmBrian,

Reg probably opens sometime between 7.30-8am.

Aoife,

Descent is as per this years Carrauntoohil Mountain Race route. Basically you head past the normal zig zags descent and aim for Maolán Buí along the Eastern Reeks ridge. The ridge descending from this peak is known locally as The Bone, not to be confused with The Bones Peak which as you correctly mentioned is a peak just above Sheas. The .gpx on the Carrauntoohil Mountain Race page should clear it up in case I haven’t!
Richard CooperJul 11 2024, 10:33amHi Robbie,

I emailed have emailed you seeking approval.

Can you let me know if this has been received/ approved?

Thanks.

Richie
Sorcha KearneyJul 11 2024, 11:51amHi. The Skyline event page is posted twice but both have the old 2022 route coming down the zigzags. Is there any updated map descending the Bone, please?
Michael McSweeneyJul 11 2024, 12:33pmSorcha.
If you download the old Skyline route and the new Carrauntoohil Mountain Race Route.
Use the old Skyline route until you reach Carrauntoohil ( me) for the second time. Then switch to the new Mountain Race Route.
That will give you GPX coverage of all of the 2024 Skyline route.
Hope this makes sense. In my head it does.
Micheal. :-)
Sorcha KearneyJul 11 2024, 1:47pmPerfect, thanks Micheál!
Ian HealyJul 11 2024, 7:00pmSomething like this? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VoFj1ZMrSWU-ylyxqe0VL48N9lGCV6rC/view?usp=sharing I don't know the area, just basing it off what Micheal said
Kevin BroughtonJul 11 2024, 9:17pmIan - I should have checked here first, might have saved me some work! I have stitched the two together as Micheal suggested resulting in this:

https://www.plotaroute.com/route/2681763

(Copy and follow at your peril, it's my first attempt at using Plotaroute)
Michael McSweeneyJul 11 2024, 10:00pmGreat work Kevin and Ian.
Just a few observations from the once or twice I have crawled around the route on all fours.

Just after the 2km mark on the plotaroute, We went almost all the way to Lough Cummeennapeasta, before heading for Cruach Mhór.

I can't comment on the Big Gun, as I had my eyes closed.

Just after 12km, we went straight up from Lough Eighter to Stumpa Barr na hAbhann. The black dotted line on the plotaroute map was more or less our route.

Again I kept my eyes firmly shut for the unpleasantness between Beenkeragh and Carrauntoohil, so I can't comment.

The rest looks pretty good.
Sorcha KearneyJul 12 2024, 6:52pmhttps://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/15692368774?share_unique_id=2
New Skyline route- thanks Billy!
Robbie WilliamsJul 13 2024, 7:54amLive Tracking live.primaltracking.com/reeksskyline24
Anthony CornforthJul 14 2024, 11:42amBig thanks to Robbie and all the crew for a brilliantly supported skyline run yesterday, the smiles and words of encouragement from the summit volunteers had more power than any satchet of gel, though jellies were on offer too. Then to find Micheal on the return visit to Cairountoohil
with gallons of water and coke on offer, really took the sting out of the final leg. I don't know how you hauled it all up there! Thankyou.
Michael McSweeneyJul 14 2024, 8:04pmAnthony.
There is a secret tunnel with an escalator.
The leprechauns built it years ago.
Don't tell anyone.
Micheal.
Brian FlannellyJul 15 2024, 7:27amResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie
Gerry McGuinnessJul 15 2024, 4:08pmThanks to Robbie and all the crew for a great day out.
Alan AylingJul 15 2024, 9:46pmWeekend of the year!