Irish Mountain
Running Association

Adventure weekend

AuthorDateMessage
Liam VinesMay 31 2024, 11:22pmBeen a quiet (ish) few weeks off the mountains everything is kinda going to plan. Been a great few weeks on the mountains tho, who would have thought that mountain running and banjo music went so well together,
Peter beat John now that’s always big news.. And is it a good day or a bad day when a rope is needed on a Wednesday night race???
Going by how quickly the National Park races sell out IMRA is more popular than ever and why wouldn’t it be..

We are a couple of months into the paper/email race vouchers. Have I made any mistakes yet?? Probably and if I haven’t I most definitely will.. if I do make a blunder email me and let me know.. races@imra.ie
Oh and if your email is not up to date on the website and you don’t collect your prize I have no way of getting it to you it will end up back in the IMRA pot..

Portaloos have made a few appearances will probably be at a limited amount of races this year. Maybe one for food for thought would €1 extra on the price of a race entire be worth having them at every LL race??
Who knows?? Could be worth a chat at AGM time..

Carpooling and Wednesday nights trying to get from work to races doesn’t really seem to be working as well as we might have liked..
And yes I am guilty as charged myself so I am not trying make anyone feel bad..
Could we change the name? Have two names?? Carpooling good for the environment.. Park and Ride (Get your thoughts out of the gutter) good for parking at race venues..
So take the Scalp on Wednesday night no limit on race numbers but this could backfire on us if things go to pot around parking. Could we leave cars in the rugby club and jump in with someone else we are going there after anyway?? I am sure there are lots of spots to “park and ride” nearby.
I know it’s a work night but the less cars we have at a venue the more venues are open to us so that could be more new races. Meanwhile Brendan will keep counting the cars …

Few totally new races coming up in the next few weeks get out and give them a go..

All the very best to all the Wicklow Round adventurers this weekend it is such an epic day out..