Irish Mountain
Running Association

Nephin

AuthorDateMessage
Turlough ConwayMay 20 2024, 10:59amHi Folks.

IMPORTANT:

Date change for this event from Saturday 1st June to Sunday second June.
New race date is SUNDAT 2nd June.
Registration is now open.
David SandsMay 29 2024, 9:23amMullingar Hiking Club have organised a walk up Nephin also on Sunday, starting at 9am. The car park will be busy and not that big. Car pool where possible.
David SandsMay 29 2024, 3:47pmRace Entry closes at 12 noon Saturday 1st June.
No race entry after this time nor on race morning.
Pre-registered entries only on race day.
Ailbhe DonnellanMay 31 2024, 7:25pmHi, I saw on the event details page there is a short course option (approx 5km), and wanted to check that this is up to date and going ahead for this year's event? Thank you
David SandsJun 1 2024, 9:25amYes Ailbhe, there will be a well marked short course option, see you Sunday.
Mawusime BlewuadaJun 1 2024, 10:07amHi, Nephin will be my first time volunteering for an IMRA event, is there a particular time/location I should arrive at?
David SandsJun 1 2024, 11:02amThanks for volunteering Mawusime, if you can be at Barrett's shop in Lahardaun village age for 10.30 please, I wil meet you there.
Mawusime BlewuadaJun 1 2024, 8:43pmThanks David, see you there.
John ShielsJun 2 2024, 9:47pmGreat race today, "lovely" new route and I finished the top 30 for a change :)
Ailbhe DonnellanJun 3 2024, 3:35pmThank you to the race director and all the volunteers for a great race yesterday. Really enjoyed the variety of the route and the finish line atmosphere and treats!
Rob TobinJun 3 2024, 10:40pmThanks to David and volunteers for putting on a great race yesterday. I'm still trying to figure out whether running Nephin is more enjoyable in ascent or descent. A course of two halves... relentless lung buster vs. relentless leg breaker!
Rob TobinJun 4 2024, 10:17amCheck for ticks folks... I found one high up on my leg this morning. I almost certainly picked it up while running on Nephin as I wore full length clothing for the rest of the weekend.
Jeff SwordsJun 4 2024, 2:44pmResults published, email IMRAresults at gmail dot com if you've any issues etc.
David SandsJun 4 2024, 3:00pmGreat to meet so many new faces. Hope to see you back next year.
Paul MahonJun 4 2024, 5:00pmMany thanks to David and his Team young and old for all the marshalling and great spread after the race.

Particularly superb running by the RD's daughter who was in the joint lead overall until the short route turnaround point.
One for future national successes and international teams hopefully.