Irish Mountain
Running Association

Prince William's Seat

AuthorDateMessage
Dave RyanMay 16 2024, 10:07pmI'm available as a helper if required
Catherine RyanMay 16 2024, 10:18pmI'm also available as a helper if required
Brian McGuckinMay 24 2024, 1:33pmNeed more volunteers!
laptop operator!
Brian McGuckinMay 27 2024, 7:30amStill need more volunteers , laptop operator
Brian McGuckinMay 27 2024, 8:44pmThanks to all the volunteers, if people could get there between 5:30-6:00
that would be great, I will give out jobs on the night,
Thanks again
Jean O'NeillMay 28 2024, 11:00pmWhere is the race please and parking? The link to Google maps doesn't work. Thanks!
Louis MulleeMay 28 2024, 11:12pmTry this one:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/6Znbjs1PM2zHc5kw7
Conor DalyMay 29 2024, 8:48amIs Registration located close to parking?

What time does Registration open and close? (It may be somewhere on Details but I cannot see)
Asher CookMay 29 2024, 1:06pmIs there any way of getting a late entry? I just arrived in the country yesterday so haven't had a chance to enter. No worries if not
Mikey FryMay 29 2024, 1:15pmNo way once it’s closed sorry Asher:(
Conor NolanMay 29 2024, 1:18pm@Conchur - reg is in parking field. Desk should open shortly after 6
Parking field is up the lane from the Ballybrew Rd.

@Asher - 'fraid not :(
Asher CookMay 29 2024, 1:21pmNo worries guys, thanks for the quick reply!
Andy KeelingMay 29 2024, 10:58pmGreat race tonight. Thanks to Brian and team. Brilliant route, well marked. I especially liked the rope.
Alan KennedyMay 29 2024, 11:14pmThanks Brian and crew for a super race tonight. Very different and twisty but well marked as usual. Great support out on the course and some great views. And we even got an extra km thrown in for good measure!
Harriette RobinsonMay 29 2024, 11:45pmThank you Brian and all the volunteers!
liam kennyMay 30 2024, 7:48amThanks Brian and crew

Who ever designed that route, more of that please absolutely top class so fair play!
James ClancyMay 30 2024, 8:32amWell done to Brian and Lillian and their crew of volunteers. Super night, tough course but well marked and well done all!!
Elaine LeeMay 30 2024, 9:08amThanks Brian and all the volunteers for a fantastic race. It was a tough but fun route! Well done.
Brian McGuckinMay 30 2024, 9:49amAll credit to master course designer Conor Nolan and all the marshals
especially Warren who was last in, and all the other volunteers who made the night run relatively smoothly .
David PowerMay 30 2024, 10:09amView from the laptop:
Leave work after 5pm. Cycle up the hill past Johnny Foxes. Nice evening for a pint. No time. Arrive by 6pm into grassy field. Park bike, no e-bikes here yet. Laptop ready. Tim Mangan pressing buttons too with me. Off we go- 220 entered, 194 show up. Scan chip, ask people "early, regular or short/junior?", deal with new runners or forgot my chip brigade.
Start clock for early, then regular. Setup finish line. Put on layers, gloves, hat, leggings. It gets really cold being a volunteer. Hope mat connects via USB and Ethernet cables. See runners come over line. Taking longer than expected. Over 50mins for lead runners. Sounds like fun up there. Add more layers, jacket, getting really cold now. Fingers whiteish. Matt not reading chips as runners pass over line. We manually add them, hoping we read the numbers correctly. Damn, realise we forgot to plug in some cables. Doh. Back in business. System slows and misses the odd runner. Try manually tracking, gettting harder. More work for after to reconcile. It's gone 9pm and most people are home. No idea how many are left out there. It's 9.30pm, someone says "oh look, what a nice sunset". Two seconds to take it in, back to reconciling numbers off hand written sheets. Battery dies with 2 runners left. Right pack up, back on bike, downhill to the rugby club. Finally warm up. No food left. A pint will do. Glad I brought my salad to the race. Con still fixing things beyond 10pm. Prizes announced. Lots of chat. Off home. Bed.
We should all volunteer more - it gives you an appreciation of how simple showing up and running up a hill is.
Brendan LawlorMay 30 2024, 10:30amWell done Brian and team for a tough new version of the Prince William’s Seat race.. the two final climbs were pure evil! Thanks to all the route marshals too
Brian KitsonMay 30 2024, 10:33amBrilliant post David, point well made. Very appreciative of all who volunteer. Special thanks for getting the results up last night before many of us got home despite the challenges.
Warren SwordsMay 30 2024, 11:09amSummit photos uploaded. Think I got everyone.

I’d like to personally apologise to the runners who I told “it’s downhill all way from here.”

In my defence, I thought it was too! If it’s any comfort, I had to tackle the climbs holding two signs and a SuperValu shopping bag full of tape, like a wish version of Matt Damon.

Grateful to Johnny Foxe’s who sold me takeaway Guinness
Rob TobinMay 30 2024, 7:24pmThanks Brian and volunteers. Another superb new route - I reckon I will be retracing this one on training runs. Rhyming race report gone up.
Gavan DohertyJun 2 2024, 1:36pmBelated thanks for Brian, Conor and all for a fabulous route last Wednesday!
Thanks also to the excellent committee for my t-shirt.... I don't think any of us run the hills for t-shirts or goodie bags but the company is excellent!
Miriam MaherJun 3 2024, 11:08am@David Power, I absolutely loved your post. No truer words said. Captured perfectly the laptop operator experience week in week out:)

Thanks for posting and more importantly for showing up (yet again) as a volunteer.

To understand what makes IMRA work, you need to volunteer. It's a simple as that. Thanks to the very many that do. Or we wouldn't have any races to go to.
Louis MulleeSep 26 2024, 9:19pmHi Everyone, as a follow up, at the request of the landowner a donation of 404euro from car park fees collected on the night was made to Purple House Cancer support in wicklow.