Irish Mountain
Running Association

Short Week

AuthorDateMessage
Liam VinesMay 6 2024, 1:52pmSo we survived the scare at Scarr it ended up being a cracking evening to be out in the mountains..
This week we are off for a run on the beach at Ardgillan entries are open till Wednesday at midday and not a minute after. Also the first Irish Championship race is on at Slieve Donard on Saturday entries for this close on Thursday and are bought through SiEntries .
Anyone with an IMRA 2024 membership will get a finishing position on IMRA results.
If your running don’t forget your waterproof pants… The Irish Championships is where it’s at in 2024….

So just so I don’t get a complex because you never reply to my updates I have a few questions..
Top 3 LL races
Best LL race from the past
Least favorite LL race (#Leave Hawth alone)
Liam VinesMay 6 2024, 1:54pmHowth even…
Mikey FryMay 6 2024, 2:09pmCarrick….alying abyss….scarr…….one two three and you’ve named the worsed for warren already and many:))))))))))))))))))
Phil behanMay 6 2024, 11:24pmAh lads go easy on Howth. There’s a real buzz about the place since we found out this years LL Summer Howth race wasn’t canned. Even a few sayings doing the rounds online apparently - “Howth Summer 2024 - No one is coming to find you” . “Any idiot can run a Leinster League race, but it takes a special kind of idiot to run the Howth Leinster Leauge race” “There’s no such thing as bad race, just soft people.” #howth
Alice ClancyMay 8 2024, 9:53amKeep the updates coming Liam! While we may not reply we do enjoy them!

To answer your questions:
Top 3 LL races
1) Belmont for the buzz
2) Ayling’s Abyss for the anxiety
3) Ballinastoe for the brilliant race route encompassing midgies, face slapping branches, bits of bog and a lot of fun.

Best LL race from the past
Seefingan!!!! I really miss this race!!

Least favourite LL race
Scalp. Not enough time to breathe !
Alan KennedyMay 8 2024, 10:22amAlice has just stolen my thunder as she just listed the same three as I was about to, and for the same reasons!

But special mention for Carrick, it was much tougher than it appeared based on it's location.

Personally there are no Least favourites. Despite all the jokes about Howth it still sat well amongst the great variety of routes that the LL offers. And as an ex-northsider it was nice to travel back to the homeland instead of the bonus of having most of the races on my doorstep.
Liam VinesMay 8 2024, 1:33pmOn reflection asking for a least favorite probably wasn’t fair on any race..

I am with you Alice on Seefingan unfortunately one that probably won’t be back anytime soon..

Scarr for that decent
Abyss for just being bonkers
Brockagh 24 no rain edition…
Mike JordanMay 8 2024, 2:54pmBest LL race from the past - Sorrell Hill :(
Brian KitsonMay 8 2024, 10:38pmSorrell Hill is a favourite of mine. Carrick and Scarr for the epic descents. Love Bray Head too; sea to summit and back with the post race dip followed by a delicious Mr Whippy on salty lips.