Irish Mountain
Running Association

Ardgillan

AuthorDateMessage
REBECCA CAROLANApr 26 2024, 11:31amGreg, Happy to be a run volunteer if you need help beforehand? Just love to run it this year!
Diarmuid DoyleMay 1 2024, 4:11pmIs this going ahead ? When does online entry ope please ?
Greg RobinsMay 2 2024, 8:01amHi folks. We have Fingal approval so this race is defo on and entry will open in due course. There are some other races to get through before that.
<P>
Thanks Rebecca I'll accept your offer although I think we're getting to the point of enough volunteers. We could do with support on the laptop so I'll be looking for someone to do that.
Miriam MaherMay 2 2024, 8:34amHi Greg, I've put myself down to shadow Kevin on the laptop.
Alan AylingMay 2 2024, 9:57amLow tide for Skerries on 8th May is 18:01. Won't need the scuba gear this year.
Greg RobinsMay 3 2024, 12:05pmThe Laptop Operator spot opened up again so anyone trained/experienced is invited to volunteer to support Miriam who needs to leave after the race.
Peter DoyleMay 4 2024, 9:42pm@Alan - I'm race marker so can arrange for the turnaround flag at end of beach section to be out below the tide line if public demand is for the full "immersion" experience again this year :-)
Peter DoyleMay 6 2024, 10:47pmWith Ardgillan race fast approaching the finishing touches to this years route have been made.
Much the same as last year with some changes made to add in extra trail sections and remove sections that have been recently been replaced by tarmac.
An updated map will be added to event site in due course
For those that have run in previous years the main difference will be towards the finish where there will be an uphill section on grass, a flat trail 300m section thru trees to point where finish line was in previous years but then an extra 300m fast trail section extending beyond to new finish line. So save a bit for your sprint!
Long course is 9K
Short course & juniors 5.5K - finish line for this will be same as long course and not on beach as per previous years.
Hope to see a good turnout as weather looks promising, Should be a good night in Man O War afterwards for prize giving.
Mark LawlessYesterday, 9:53pmVolunteering for the first time tomorrow night, just wondering what time to arrive?
Greg RobinsToday, 6:29amIt's race day!

Please will all volunteers check your email (incl spam) for the route plan and roles+tasks I sent out last night. No need to print as I will have final revisions for you at the volunteer briefing at 6pm.

Some of us will be there at various times over the day and from 5pm onwards, so come early and enjoy beautiful Ardgillan. It looks like it's going to be dry with light winds (I hope I haven't jinxed it).