Irish Mountain
Running Association

Laptop Operator Training

AuthorDateMessage
Lorcan FarrellApr 25 2024, 10:00pmHi folks,

Would there be any interest in running a laptop training session at one of the LL races for any folks interested in volunteering later in the league for laptop operator (like myself)? Could potentially meet early, go through the kit and proceedure for before the race. Run the race and check in after and shadow as the rest of the field comes in? Then see whats involved in the end of race proceedure once all runners finish?

If there were a group interested and someone in a position to show us, it could potentially grow the pool of laptop volunteers? Maybe this has been talked about before but could be an idea ahead of the LL races to make sure the laptop is staffed.

Lorcan
Steven PettigrewApr 26 2024, 10:42amHeya Lorcan,
I'd be interested in attending a training session like this. I'm planning on being Laptop Operator for Church Mtn and need to be trained.

My understanding is that the current system is soon to be outdated so will need to learn the new method which will not be fully implemented for another few weeks.
Rachel HarneyApr 26 2024, 10:48amHi, I'd be interested in this training also.
Elaine CaseyApr 26 2024, 11:13amI'd be interested in this too now that I've 'adopted' IMRA
Lorcan FarrellApr 26 2024, 11:58amJust to clarify, I'm also looking to be trained up, I did a few stints on the old system pre-chip timing but haven't a clue of the newer system. It would be up to the IMRA committee to decide/organise and it would depend on a willing experienced laptop operator to agree to provide training. Mine was just a suggestion to help increase available laptop operators.

I also wasn't aware of the current system needing updating so maybe we could organise something for when the new system is rolled out?
David PowerApr 26 2024, 3:36pmOne easy way to gain practical on the job experience, sign up as volunteer for shadow laptop operator. It's the best was to learn the "practice" rather than just the "theory".
Might be more immediate than trying to get group session organised.
Brian KitsonApr 26 2024, 10:10pmSee one. Do one. Teach one.