Irish Mountain
Running Association

Gougane Barra

AuthorDateMessage
Stephen O KeeffeApr 23 2024, 11:44amHi. Will there be an early start option for the long course?

Also race details say it's 9.7km but the new plot a route says 11.2km.
Anthony CornforthApr 23 2024, 4:23pmHi Stephen, yes there will be an early start option and the distance is around 9.7 km
Stephen O KeeffeApr 26 2024, 6:35pmThanks Anthony, see ye Sunday.
Brian TwomeyApr 27 2024, 2:42pmInterested in d early start,what time does it kick off please.
Aine O'DeaApr 27 2024, 5:02pmHi I am registered to run tomorrow but unfortunately am injured happy to volunteer if needed. Does anyone know who I contact?
Stephen O KeeffeApr 27 2024, 5:09pmHi aine. If you login in to the website and go to the bottom of the race details page, there is a volunteer list. Just click helper to add your name to the list and the race director or someone will add you to accepted list

Or the race director might see your post
Steve YoungApr 27 2024, 6:16pmHi Tom, what time for volunteers tomorrow? Thks
Michael McSweeneyApr 27 2024, 6:30pmHi Brian,
Early start will be at 1030. Juts make it known at sign in that you are availing of the Early start.
Early start is not competitive category for those who expect to be greater than 175% of the finishing time, and you will be placed on the results after all of the regular starters, no matter what time you record.

Steve,
Tom is up the mountain, but if you are there at 10am you should be grand.

See you all in the morning.
Micheal.
Tom FarleyApr 27 2024, 8:22pmThanks Mícheál, and thanks Steve.
10am for all volunteers please.
See you in the morning.
Robbie WilliamsApr 28 2024, 4:31pmAbsolutely Fanta race today at Gougane Barra.
Big thanks to Tom Farley and his crew. The course was amazing, great company running and chats before and afterwards.

Long live IMRA
Dáithí de MórdhaApr 28 2024, 6:53pmMíle Buíochas Tom, Anthony & crew for the best race of the year so far. Brilliant course, brilliantly marked and beautiful weather, sure what else would you need!

And I did what you suggest Tom- left plenty Gaeilge out on the course, mostly in the form of ag focáil agus ag blashtáil at bogholes and out sticking rocks!
Brian MullinsApr 28 2024, 6:58pmThanks to Tom and all the volunteers today. The crossing of the Lee as a fully fledged river just before the finish after having crossed it earlier high up on the mountain via slop, muck, loam, pestilence, misery and bottomless peat was a nice touch and saved us all from a shower afterwards. That was probably the driest I’ve ever seen Gougane which is hard to believe after the winter of rain we had. I do feel shortchanged though as there was no fog, not enough bog and Robbie hid the Fanta!!! Congrats to the winners. An lá a bhí ann ar gach aon slí agus beimid ag súil leis an iarracht chéanna an bhliain seo chugainn gan amhras.
Cathal PriorApr 28 2024, 10:51pmMany thanks to Tom and all the volunteers that helped out today. A challenging course in places, and the last water 'obstacle' brought a very memorable and fun element to the finish.

To the runners out there this morning, thank you for the good spirit and friendliness that makes these races a pleasure to take part in.
Brian FlannellyApr 29 2024, 8:32pmResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie