Irish Mountain
Running Association

Wicklow Glacier Lakes (Relay)

AuthorDateMessage
Stuart ScottApr 12 2024, 2:30pmHi Peter,

Thanks for taking on the RD mantle, it's great to see this go from strength to strength! Don't be afraid to give John a time penalty.

I see entries for the relay close tomorrow at 11pm. Is that a hard cut-off? I expect it is as you need to order trackers but just in case there's any leeway...!

Thanks,

Stuart
Alice ClancyApr 13 2024, 7:02pm2 runners needed!!

Stuart Scott and I have (almost) put three teams for the Glacier Lakes Relay next weekend. We need 2 more runners to complete the cohort!

Speed not an issue, we’ll take anyone :-)
You'd have the choice of legs 1,2,3!

Post here if you’d like to join us - we’ll take the first two people - but remember to register before 11pm tonight. If there are more than 2 people interested, we could make a 4th team!
David MastersonApr 13 2024, 7:45pmAnne-Marie and myself will take the spots if still free - she's happy to slog (slowly) up the first leg and I can probably navigate the second leg ok.

Dave
Alice ClancyApr 13 2024, 7:54pmBrilliant! Thanks David and Anne-Marie! Get your entries sorted before 11pm this evening, and whatsapp me on oh-ate-six 34-three_9 I five 6, and we’ll add you to the whatsapp for organising logistics!
Peter BellApr 14 2024, 11:06amHi Stuart, yes I will be working on the times today & to allow for the trackers to be ordered in time for next Sunday. All the best in the race. We have good numbers for it, so it will be a great day out. John get + 1hr for being an annoying brother & everyone else get - 1hr for being wonderful people.
Peter BellApr 14 2024, 11:23amCan the captain of each relay team who have now entered please email me your teams name & who's running each leg to Pbell1888@gmail.com
Thanks
Peter BellApr 14 2024, 4:25pmOr you can message me on zero871603048
Peter BellApr 15 2024, 2:06pmPlease allow at least half an hour before your start time to arrive.
Bag drops will leave glendalough & 9.10am sharp for Cp1 & Cp2. Please keep your bags small, x2 seperate bag's & labled name & Cp location
Peter BellApr 15 2024, 2:11pmTeam captains, can you send me your leg runners & team name if you haven't already.
We need this info for the trackers ASAP.
Thanks
Liam VinesApr 15 2024, 8:34pmStill a few teams short need to get them into Peter so he can work out start times and get the trackers ordered up.
List being sent to primal tonight
Peter BellApr 15 2024, 9:54pmTeam1- KAC seniors- start time 9:15
Andy Hanney
Kathleen Curran
Liam Vines
Mark Byrne

Team2- Lakeshore Sliders- start time 9.30
Gavin Dooley
Liam Mooney
Kevin Glennon
Niamh Brophy

Team3- Peak fitness- start time 9:40
Mikey O Connell
Stephan Byrne
Liam Kenny
Patrick Curley

Team 4- 2 legs good- start time 9:20
Orla Mc Evoy
Orla Mc Evoy
Peter O Farrell
Peter O Farrell

Team 5 - The early starters- start time 8:35
James the knee Cahill
Jody Boyle
Joe Lalor
Vivian O Gorman

Team 6- Team PRAT- start time 9:20
Rory Campbell
Paul Morrissey
Andreas Kusch
Tim Mc Cormack

There is a couple more teams to be added. If they dont get back to me soon I'm adding blessington lake to their list :)
Peter BellApr 16 2024, 7:48amTeam 7- start time- 9.15
Team Name: Better late than never!

Captain: Alice Clancy
Arthur Spring
Alice Clancy
Kevin O’Riordan
Shay Foody

Team 8- start time - 9.20
Team Name: Late …us? Never!
Captain: Stuart Scott
Stuart Scott
Connie Dottino
Niall McAlinden
Andrew Mendelson

Team 9- start time- 9.20
Team Name: Team RAD
Captain: Richard Leahy
Anne-Marie Masterson
David Masterson
Richard Leahy
Richard Leahy
Andrew MendelsonApr 18 2024, 9:13amHi Peter,

I am running Leg 4, but I will need to pick up my number en route. Will I need to pitch at the Glendalough Hotel before race start, or will I be able to track down the RD team at some point ensconced in the bar of the hotel dot-watching or similar?

Thanks.
Liam VinesApr 19 2024, 7:44amChange over point from Leg 3 to Leg 4 is at the Wicklow Way Half way marker point. The barrier will be unlocked but we will have to open and close it as needed to make sure that only IMRA cars are parking there.
GR 103 905
Peter BellApr 19 2024, 5:36pmTeam 10- start time 9.40am
Team name- Team Losty

Leg1 - Robert Cullivan
Leg 2 - John O’Leary
Leg 3 - Robert Cullivan
Leg 4 - John O’Leary
Liam VinesApr 19 2024, 5:48pmRemember
Tomorrow is LEVEL C kit
Have it all with you
Andrew HanneyApr 20 2024, 10:32pmWow, what a treat this race was... thanks to Peter and helpers. A day of craic and camaraderie on a stunning day in the mountains. Well done everyone and looking forward to next time.
David MastersonApr 21 2024, 7:14amHuge thanks to the organisers, helpers and other competitors for a great event yesterday. Relatively new to IMRA, though not to mountain navigation, so this race was a gem. We only got roped in a week ago by Stuart, but we were so glad that we did. The weather was the icing on the cake.
Alice ClancyApr 21 2024, 8:42amThank you to Peter and all the lovely volunteers yesterday! That was some craic! A huge well done to Ivana + Avril and Andy on their solo wins and to Peak Fitness on their relay win (and on living up to their name!)…..Well done to those who contributed to the most entertaining parts of the day, namely an epic face plant in the bog by the Early Starters on leg 1 and the new scenic route option for leg 2 introduced by the Lakeshore Sliders.
James H CahillApr 21 2024, 9:33amThank you Peter and all the volunteers for a great day out and giving so much of your time so the runners can enjoy themselves (I use the term enjoy loosely as there is a significant portion of "Type 2 Fun" in in the Glacier Lakes).

PS. I am still demudding from my epic face plant 30m from the handover at Wicklow Gap (and hoping someone captured the moment on camera for posterity).
liam kennyApr 21 2024, 10:41amThanks Peter and crew for a great day out, great to see the numbers growing for this event long may it continue!
Brian hutchinsonApr 21 2024, 10:42amThanks all for a brilliant event!