Irish Mountain
Running Association

Glacier Lakes 24

AuthorDateMessage
Liam VinesMar 28 2024, 11:19pmGet your maps back out we have some changes to make.
Access is still a problem in the area around the zig zags so it has been decided to move CP3 to the trailhead where the WW goes back in off the road just up from the Glenmalure Lodge T 108912
How you get to CP3 and how you go away from it is up to you.
The race page will be updated soon but just wanted to get the news out for all those going for a recci over the weekend.
Have fun.
Liam VinesMar 29 2024, 10:06amLast post went missing.
Glacier Lakes is open for entry and will close on Saturday 13th April to allow us set up the trackers.
We have done away with the per entry email this year but we are asking everyone to have a good read of the race page and more so the route description. This is a tough tough race on long sections of open mountain with no tracks or trails to lead the way.
GPS navigational aids are NOT allowed map and compass all the way.
You can wear your watch to log your day but can not use it to show you the way.
BUT if you have taken part in IMRA's Nav based events LC IC or Nav challenge then jump in and have a go it is an epic day out.
We want to see more teams this year lots more.
A team can be made up any way you like and have 2-4 runners on it.
Remember the older we are the earlier we start.
Get your entries in and Peter will work out all the start times.
Andrew HanneyMar 29 2024, 10:25pmI haven't done this race before but have heard lots of great stories about it. Looking forward to this years version. Leg 1 Recce done today, get them done whilst the weather is good. Relays are always the best craic.
John BellMar 30 2024, 4:10pmThe change to Checkpoint 3 makes it a bit longer and brings a few new route options. I'd say people won't miss the bush whacking down through the woods to Ballinafunshoge this year.
Graham K. BusheMar 30 2024, 4:45pmYes John, a little less 'Bush'-whacking please.
lol :)
Liam VinesApr 1 2024, 8:13pmDoing a Glacier Lakes NEW Leg 4 recci tomorrow evening. No secrets just a safe route. Meeting at the overflow carpark at Laragh GAA pitch at 6:30 Car drop to Glenmalure and run back. Easy pace.. Route is about 12.5K and another 2K back to the cars. Shouldn't need a head torch but bring one along anyway. Times are sharp as we will be chasing the light. If anyone interested see you there or give me a shout.
Liam
Liam VinesApr 8 2024, 10:54pmSmall change AGAIN to CP3.
Moving it down the road to the Wicklow Way Halfway marker T 103905
This is for safety reasons.
Please let the rain stop.....
Joe LalorApr 8 2024, 11:36pmAny idea yet re parking for this leg?
Liam VinesApr 9 2024, 6:53pmGoing to try the barrier key Joe and see can we have access there is a new car park in the making in there now I believe but I just want to check it out along with the route down through the trees!!!!
If no go with access it will be parking at the Lodge..
Looking like small enough numbers of teams anyway..
Peter BellApr 13 2024, 10:39amReminder ENTRY CLOSES TODAY: Saturday 13th April 2024 @ 23:00