Irish Mountain
Running Association

Nagles Marathon

AuthorDateMessage
paddy foxFeb 4 2024, 11:27amMorning,was just enquiring about the angles marathon,is it going to go ahead in March,live in Donegal,I missed the ballyhoura night race due to sickness,just want to make arrangements,it close to my father home place of glanworth
Joan RyanFeb 4 2024, 5:32pmHi Paddy. Nagles will be going ahead on 9th March.
paddy foxFeb 5 2024, 9:16amThanks v much for your reply much appreciated
Take care
Eoin PhelanFeb 7 2024, 3:57pmHi,
is there a finishers medal for the full marathon?
Eoin PhelanFeb 7 2024, 3:59pmAlso what is the best map to have for this race?
Joan RyanFeb 8 2024, 9:12pmHi Eoin. There will be a buff for all participants. I have put in Kit C for this race as a precaution in case of very bad weather on the day. The route will be fully marked so a map won't be required for this race.
Joan RyanFeb 26 2024, 2:30pmThe cut off time is being increased by 15mins. You’ll have 2hrs 15mins to get to the 13km mark.
Ciaran DineenMar 3 2024, 10:00pmHello all,
Regarding the mandatory kit, where would we get a map of the route/area?
Thank you
Ciaran DineenMar 3 2024, 11:59pmNevermind- I have just seen the previous messages!
Joan RyanMar 5 2024, 2:49pmThe mandatory kit has been reduced from C to B for Saturday's marathon. An email will be going out to all runners over next day or two. We are delighted to have Insta Coffee on site for the day. We also got great news this week that 8 Degrees Brewing are sponsoring a beer for each participant of the full and half marathon.
catriona courtneyMar 6 2024, 3:39pmHey! Just wondering if anyone driving from kinsale/riverstick Saturday morning for the marathon? I’ve a lift home!
Ian SynnottMar 8 2024, 7:11pmLooks like we are in for a wet one. Should be fun!!
Eoin Mac MahonMar 9 2024, 3:52pmThank you Joan and Volunteers. Savage race
Brian FlannellyMar 9 2024, 10:35pmResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie
Brendan CollinsMar 10 2024, 2:32pmGreat race, thanks to Joan and her helpers.
Mags HassettMar 10 2024, 9:45pmPhotos from the Nagles Full / Half Marathon here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2jM7NoXVDaMeYd5a8

Also uploaded to IMRA events.
Deirdre O GormanMar 11 2024, 8:18amHuge thanks to Joan and her team for a super race; the course was so much fun and constantly changing so we never got bored! A massive amount of work obviously went into the marking and the whole route was really clear-even when the brain started to switch off. Special thanks to the marshals who had a long day out in bitterly cold conditions; they were cheery and encouraging from start to finish!
Joan RyanMar 11 2024, 6:42pmThanks everyone that took part in the Nagles marathon. The weather was a bit kinder to us this year. A huge thank you to the great team of volunteers who took every job on board and made the whole day run smoothly. It was lovely to hear all the positive comments at the finish line. I was delighted that all runners had their mandatory kit for the check at the end!
Our gratitude again to Scott and the team at Eight Degrees Brewing for sponsoring a beer for all the participants.
Finally, a big thank you to John and all at Killavullen GAA for allowing us to use all the facilities.