Irish Mountain
Running Association

Wicklow Round

AuthorDateMessage
Mark BurleyJan 30 2024, 10:07pmHi all,
I see it's a rule of the round that attempts have to be registered via the forum in advance - this is me doing that!
Target date is 26th May; I've already booked flights etc so it's happening whatever the weather (may come to regret this).
Very excited as it will be my first time in the Wicklow mountains, and the fifth of the 'big 5' British Isles rounds for me. Looking forward to the additional navigational challenge this one will bring, definitely.
Mark
Mike JordanJan 31 2024, 8:40amThe comma before 'definitely' on the last line makes the tone of that line open to interpretation :)
Best of luck Mark. You'll get plenty of advice and help if you look for it here, definitely.
John J BarryFeb 1 2024, 1:05pmBest of luck Mark, it will be different challenge to the UK rounds. Could be wrong but reckon if you complete Wicklow Round you will be the first to do all five. A nice feather in your cap
Mike JordanFeb 1 2024, 3:51pmJohn Ryan from Tipp has completed all 5, definitely.
Brian KitsonFeb 1 2024, 3:58pmJohn Ryan from Tipperary did all five Rounds?

Altogether now, “It’s a long way, definitely. It’s long way to go…”
Jim WalshFeb 16 2024, 9:03pmBest of luck Mark, perfect time of year for it. Might be able to do some crewing if you need some help
Gareth LittleFeb 18 2024, 10:36pmBest of luck, Mark. Hope it all goes well for you.