Irish Mountain
Running Association

4 for free

AuthorDateMessage
Liam VinesJan 17 2024, 7:45pmAs promised information and pricing structure for parking at race venues where IMRA have to pay for parking.

€4 for a single person car
€3 for two people
€2 for three people
Free for a full car (4+)

We will be using a Sum Up machine to take payment. This will be a tap and go (NO CASH) So have your phone or card at the ready.
This is not a money making exercise more a way of pushing the carpooling idea.
Find a few friends to travel with. All race pages will have a carpooling section use it.
Work with us on Sunday morning as we get this new system up and running.
Liam V
Liam VinesJan 17 2024, 9:07pmIf anyone is worried about anything I have mentioned above feel free to get in touch with me
races at imra dot ie

Also Non running volunteers will not have to pay for parking. You can still carpool tho..
Conor O'FarrellJan 17 2024, 10:09pmWhat about if my car is full, with only 2 people?
Aidan HoganJan 18 2024, 8:48amThis is a great idea. Well done for bringing it in.

On a related note, the car pooling option that's on the website for years is also great. As a culchie with occasional carless work trips to Dublin that sometimes coincide with Wednesday night league races (entirely coincidental of course!), I've availed of it a few times and it's brilliant.. And I've also used it to offer lifts to Munster races, albeit the uptake there seems to be lower.

There have been occasions though where I've needed a lift to an upcoming race but there hasn't been any way to post that request on the website. Would it be difficult to amend the website carpooling section to allow people to post lift 'requests' as well as lift 'offers'? I imagine there might be others out there who would benefit from this too.

In short, your reward for bringing in a positive new initiative is some fella asking you to do even more work!
Harold PerezJan 18 2024, 10:08amI second that Aidan, that's a great idea.
Eamonn HodgeJan 18 2024, 10:19amIf you fill a 7 seater you could be paid!

Also, great idea about lift requests Aidan!
Francis ConroyJan 18 2024, 12:50pmI agree it's a great idea if you live in Dublin, and have one of these 'tap cards' etc. I don't have one of these tap cards and use cash, I'm also not aware of any other IMRA runners living nearby - will I be turned away from the organised (if there is one) car park; I do buy a carbon credit for every race I enter.
Olwyn SheehanJan 18 2024, 1:23pmHi Francis, a group of us from the Lakeshore Striders are carpooling from Hollywood on Sunday morning at 9:30am, you are very welcome to travel with us. Olwyn
Alan AylingJan 18 2024, 5:19pmFrancis - fair point you make; the means of payment (like a lot of things) won't suit everyone all the time. So... one of the things we're trying to promote is getting people carpooling from NEAR the event to the event itself. We're trying to get meaningful/helpful info to that effect onto the race pages & forum (give us a chance on that one please!). So, whether it's your car or someone else's, as long as one of the occupants can stump up the e-readies to the SumUp machine, you can sort out the split between yourselves, be it in cash, Revolut, valuable tips on running sock choice... whatever.

Oh, and our parking marshals will be trained to look out for anyone attempting to use inflatable dolls, mannequins etc as "passengers" ;-)