Irish Mountain
Running Association

West League

AuthorDateMessage
Peter KehoeJan 16 2024, 7:46pmHi, brilliant to see the new West League. Well done to all involved in setting this up. I know its only January but just wondering if any distance or elevation info for the new races ?
Thanks
Peter
Mrs U W GavinJan 17 2024, 12:37pmWondering what is the west league? Is it events on west coast/Donegal direction,sorry for my ignorance,but curious,thank you una
Graham K. BusheJan 17 2024, 12:52pmHi, if you click on the "LEAGUES" tab, just above this (on a PC) (or under the 3bars dropdown on mobile phone)
You will see the various leagues listed.
The West League lists 11 races from 11 May to 17 Aug
g
Andy McGeadyJan 17 2024, 1:02pmJust noticed these races. Brilliant stuff.
Turlough ConwayJan 17 2024, 8:45pmHi Folks

Sorry for delay replying.
On top of 5 races in NW League last year we have 3 new races in the county Galway and one each in Donegal, Mayo and Roscommon which comprises the new West League.
Hope to fill out race details in next few days but roughly: Nephin will be a big one, bring the wellies. The others will by 8-10k ish distance and 300-400m up and down. Any questions post here and we'll be Billy the Kid quick with the responses from now on.
Mrs U W GavinJan 18 2024, 1:11pmThank you,found necessary information,una
Peter KehoeJan 18 2024, 9:10pmThanks Turlough for reply, no panic at this stage! Sounds good for the summer months
Shane O'ReillyJan 19 2024, 10:25amFollowing on from Turloughs post, we want to put an early call-out for people to consider volunteering at these races. We would particularly like to expand (and train in) new Race Directors. Have a look at the locations and dates and message here if you are interested. It was a great success last year but we will need to expand the cohort of race directors and non-running volunteers to sustain that going forward.
Turlough ConwayJan 19 2024, 3:42pmAll maps added to races now and some more details
Peter KehoeJan 30 2024, 8:22pmHi Shane, Turlough,
Slieve Bawn is pretty close to me so could consider if you need RD help. I've no experience but we can talk. My email is peterkehoe5@gmail.com if want to get in contact directly!
Eiviltas Evan RadaviciusJan 30 2024, 8:59pmI am available to help if you need some help to organise something?
Shane O'ReillyJan 30 2024, 10:50pmThanks Peter and Eiviltas. We will be in touch.
Eric Llaurado OrtizJan 31 2024, 8:59amHi, I can help or volunteer for these events aswell.
Turlough ConwayFeb 19 2024, 5:23pmFolks we have a meeting to get organized and plan this Years West league in Strandhill Enterprise Centre, Co Sligo Sunday 10 am in person or else via zoom. Email me for Zoom link, thanks!!!
Eiviltas Evan RadaviciusFeb 19 2024, 5:54pmHi Turlough, sorry not available this Sunday. Regards, Evan