Irish Mountain
Running Association

New season

AuthorDateMessage
Liam VinesJan 14 2024, 8:17pmHi all
We are a week away from the season opener in Brockagh, the shop will open on Wednesday morning.
Everyone has some homework to do before turning up to race.
1. Read the new mandatory kit rules the link is on the home page of the IMRA website. Then make sure you have the all the kit required for the race you are doing. If you do not have the required kit you will not be allowed to race and you will not get your money back.
2. Find your timing chip from the last time you raced and bring it with you. We are waiting on a new batch of chips to arrive so are low on stock.Everyone will be getting new race numbers for 2024 but your timing chip can be used year after year. Having said that 2024 is a fresh start so if you can’t find your timing chip you will get a new one but we are going to get very strict this year on lost chips and lost race numbers. There will be a €5 charge on both and we will have the ability to look for payment at the registration desk.
3. Look for a few friends to travel to the races with. Carpooling is going to be the buzz word of 2024 and if we all don’t start doing it we are going to start loosing some of our race locations due to over crowded forest car parks. IMRA is not paying for parking this year more Info to follow on this subject.
4. Some races are capped at 200 people. These races could sell out in a few hours. So be quick and get a spot. If you do miss out no amount of giving out on the forum or Facebook will change the fact that there is limited numbers so just be nice and make sure you get the next one.
Let’s have a happy and safe year in the mountains
Liam V
Denise BarrettJan 14 2024, 9:55pmThanks for the information - I’m new to Imra -with zero experience with Imra events where do I buy the chip and bib for races? Do these need to be purchased before attending races? Additionally is there an alert for races registrations? If some races sell out quickly how can I know when to register for events I’m targeting? Many thanks - and Sorry if these questions are fairly basic - looking forward to joining in on my first event denise
Mark McInerneyJan 14 2024, 10:23pmHi Denise,

Welcome to IMRA. You'll buy your membership through the links above and when you sign up up for your first race, you'll collect race number when checking in at race start. Mind the number as you'll use it for every race during the year. I believe you'll collect chip at 1st race that you run in that has chip timing. Again you keep the chip safe and use it for all races.

Handy to buy a pack of short zip ties if you change runners etc. You buy replacement numbers or chips should you lose them.

Keep an eye on the carpooling for events too, as you can imagine with races up then hills parking is always limited. But the carpooling is great way to meet fellow trail heads.

Have a great season. If I've got any info incorrect please jump in IMRA's