Irish Mountain
Running Association

Ballyhoura Winter Moonlight Challenge

AuthorDateMessage
Orla McElroyJan 1 2024, 1:01pmHello, could you let me know if the 13km Moonlight Dash is fully booked or not? I'm trying to register but saying it's not available. Thanks! I have purchased my IMRA2024 membership already.
Thanks!
Órla
Michael McSweeneyJan 1 2024, 1:40pmHi Orla,
The two Moonlight races are full.
Plenty of volunteering spots available though, if you want to join the fun.
Micheal.
noel bolandJan 1 2024, 6:25pmI don't suppose there is any chance there will be spots added, the 300 went quick considering application close near months end
Michael McSweeneyJan 1 2024, 8:50pmNo more places Noel. Entries were open since the beginning of November.
Phil OakleyJan 4 2024, 10:21amHi folks, I have an entry for the full challenge. I am unable to make the race now due to work. Is it possible to have someone lese take my entry?
Robbie WilliamsJan 4 2024, 3:16pmHi Lads

Imra is strictly no transfers
Phil OakleyJan 6 2024, 2:06pmThanks Robbie, no worries at all
David LeeJan 8 2024, 11:23amHi all,

Any recommendations on what map I need to carry for this, and where to buy?

Thanks
Robbie WilliamsJan 8 2024, 1:41pmMANDATORY KIT EXCLUSION

Hi All

This is a fully marked race ,

Just to avoid any one searching, you will not require a compass or a Map of area.

2 PIECES OF KIT THAT ARE ESSENTIAL are FULL HI VIZ VEST (not a strip)

Only full high viz (which must be able to be seen from behind also ) are acceptable. If your pack is blocking you vest you must stick reflective or lift to rear of pack

We take this (and your safety on road sections ) very seriously so you will not be permitted through the kit check zone without.

Also, torch is essential and I would probably have a spare hand torch just incase too

Make sure that are fully charged
Martin CullenJan 10 2024, 11:28amHi Robbie.

Just a question in relation to the Hi -Vis.
Are we talking just a builders Hi - Vis and something for the hydration vest.
And will this be only required to be worn when running on the road section?

Thanks Martin
Robbie WilliamsJan 10 2024, 1:17pmOk so here is what we are looking for

We need you visible from in front (headtorch will do that ) and also from behind so it’s not so much the hi viz but the reflective aspect , so that it lights up when lights shine on it. A tiny flashing red rear running light is probably better again if you wish to use this instead of high viz but it must be flashing at all times.

Best thing to think of is, am I highly visible from front and behind as all times ? If answer is yes then we are happy :)
kieran o sullivanJan 16 2024, 8:04pmfor those feeling sluggish in NY...is there anything in particular i need to do to be allowed start early (other than turn up early!). i see the 6.30pm early start time.
Robbie WilliamsJan 16 2024, 8:15pmNope !

Just register at 6pm
kieran o sullivanJan 17 2024, 6:27pmthanks Robbie!
Leandro JustoJan 19 2024, 4:05pmAnyone going from or passing through Limerick?
Trying to get a lift if possible.

See y'all there anyway, looking forward to it.
Stéphane ClaudeJan 20 2024, 8:19amHi all! Would anyone have a file of the 28k route handy to download on my watch? (just in case the route is not well marked ;})
Robbie WilliamsJan 20 2024, 10:04amIt will be very well marked but route is also on the event page map
Tom FoxJan 21 2024, 3:57pmI'm available Friday if need be a sweeper or volunteer for the races. Let me know if needed
Robbie WilliamsJan 21 2024, 5:24pmSound Tom

Will you put your name into the challenge volunteer page

I’ll be mailing ye Tomorrow eve

Thank you
Stéphane ClaudeJan 22 2024, 9:14amThanks Robbie, I actually just realised it said GPS not allowed! I'll have to rely on the marking and my survival skills! Cheers
Robbie WilliamsJan 22 2024, 10:48amIgnore that

It is allowed
Robbie WilliamsJan 22 2024, 11:00amHi Runners

Final week lead up to Moonlight.,..

Can you please organize with fellow competitors to carpool so we have the LEAST POSSIBLE amount of cars parked in Kilfinnane on the night.

Just a heads up to that both races will start 15mins earlier than advertised to facilitate a local funeral.

A full email will go out to you all very soon.

Thank you
Mags MoranJan 22 2024, 3:41pmHi Orla. I'd like to start early on the Friday and just
Wondering what the protocol is for this. Many Thanks
Bill HallidenJan 23 2024, 10:15amSorry if you have already answered this question....do we need our IMRA timing chips
Edel HennessyJan 23 2024, 12:29pmTiming chips not required for this event.

Early start is 6.30pm. I'll be there and ready for registration at 6pm.
Robbie WilliamsJan 23 2024, 2:17pmSorry just a note on same

Email will go out this eve with instructions

Please note that all races including early start will go 15 min earlier than previously set fire to funeral locally

Early start Challenge: 6:15am (reg from 5:30), Challenge start : 7:15pm, Dash Start 8:15pm
Ciaran DineenJan 23 2024, 5:01pmJust a quick question. I did this event 2 years ago and there was water provided at the checkpoint by the start of the run up to Seefin. Will this be the case this year also?
Thank you
Stéphane ClaudeJan 23 2024, 5:13pmThanks Robbie for the thorough email. Can't wait to dive in!
Robbie WilliamsJan 23 2024, 6:31pmEmail gone out to all registered runners with all info

Please read carefully
Robbie WilliamsJan 25 2024, 5:09pmAll runners should have received their pre race email.

Please take time to read all instructions carefully especially regarding , parking, mandatory kit and start times.
JOHNNY SEXTONJan 25 2024, 9:59pmRobbie,didn’t receive email
Johnnysexton69@gmail.com
Robbie WilliamsJan 26 2024, 5:09amYou are on the list anyway for the Dash Johnny, not the challenge

I’ll get one out to you
Loretto O'SullivanJan 26 2024, 1:29pmI can help out tonight as I won’t be running the race now.
Loretto O’Sullivan
Patricia RyanJan 27 2024, 1:52amMahousive thanks and well done to Robbie for organising this brilliant event. Sincere thanks to each one of the volunteers in the school, on the roads, on the hills and the markers. Absolutely brilliant crew.
Brendan CollinsJan 27 2024, 8:29amBig thanks to Robbie & crew for a great race.
Richard NunanJan 27 2024, 12:41pmThanks again to Robbie and the team for organising everything lastnight - super event
Denise BarrettJan 27 2024, 1:32pmHi
Just to say a huge thank you to the organisers and volunteers on the course and at the school - that was my first IMRA event - I was so impressed and delighted by the whole thing - thanks so much- such a huge effort by all involved. D
kieran o sullivanJan 27 2024, 2:02pmthanks to all who organised the event - really organized, lovely atmosphere - even the weather was great :-)
Alice ClancyJan 27 2024, 5:47pmA huge thank you to Robbie and all the volunteers at last nights Moonlight Challenge and Dash!!
The whole thing was so well organised and so much fun, and ye even organised a beautiful moonlit night for us too!
I imagine a huge amount of work goes into the night. It is very much appreciated, thank you all!!!

Ps a special thanks for the excellent variety of muck to sample on the trails….;-)
Andy KeelingJan 27 2024, 6:44pmThank you to Robbie and all the crew last night. Very well run event. Especially liked the indoor finish line. Pints by the fire afterwards were great too.
Ronan O'GradyJan 28 2024, 8:04amThank you to Robbie and team for running a brilliant race as always , and thanks for the first aid assistance afterwards.
Caroline ReidJan 28 2024, 10:01amMassive thanks to Robbie and his team for another fantastic event. Really appreciate all the work you all put in and the support on the night.
Brian FlannellyJan 28 2024, 3:35pmResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie
John O'KeeffeFeb 8 2024, 3:22pmHi folks, I may have mislaid a pair of black Galaxy Earbuds in their case, while I was devouring a chicken goujon roll after the race in Scoil Pól. If they turn up please give me a shout, thanks a million!
John