Irish Mountain
Running Association

Maps for NC races

AuthorDateMessage
Joe LalorAug 31 2023, 5:37pmAdvance notice for maps needed for this year's NCraces
NC1 East West: Wicklow South East (East will do if you already have it)
NC2 East West: Cooley
NN3 East West: Dublin Mountains

If there is sufficient we could look at having these in IMRA shop, like a few years ago. Expression of interest here (not an order as yet) to gauge interest. If interest high enough will try and set this up.
Maike JürgensSep 3 2023, 9:44amJoe I believe the 1st edition Wicklow East 1:30000won’t be enough? It appears the newer 1:25000 wicklow East stretches a bit further South.
Won that Wicklow East map in a Nav challenges ages ago and was looking for an opportunity to use it but might need to wait a bit longer :D
Joe LalorSep 3 2023, 5:47pmHi Maike, I have been asked that already.
Of the 10 sites I am considering for the Tixknoxk event.
One is on neither of the maps, and will have to be dealt with as a map correction.. Three others are not on the 33k edition. You could wait 5 minutes after the start and see them on the master map or opt for a new map which is much clearer.
Brian FarrenSep 3 2023, 11:10pmHi Joe I’d be interested in all 3. Only have Dublin Mountains and that’s from 2013, which might be too old?
Aoife O'SullivanSep 7 2023, 7:50pmHi Joe, I'd also be interested in a package for all 3 maps!
Joe LalorSep 18 2023, 10:12pmThanks to those who already responded.
To get reasonable discount we need a decent size order.
There is an urgency for NC1 map as map supplier is away on field trip next week and I need to get order in my weekend. So anyone requiring maps (particularly Wicklow South East) get back to me here ASAP.
Paul SmythSep 18 2023, 10:58pmHi Joe,

If you are ordering, please put me down for a copy of the Cooley map.
Patrik AlbertssonSep 19 2023, 10:56amPlease one Wicklow south east encapsulated for me please
Niamh O'CeallaighSep 19 2023, 11:19amI would like a Wicklow South East one and a Cooley one too please. The encapsulated type please.
Thanks
John MolloySep 19 2023, 11:52amHi Joe
Please put me down for a Wicklow South East (encapsulated) please
Johnmolloy
Joe LalorSep 19 2023, 12:48pmNice to see such interest for maps
Maps for purchase soon on site shop, in keeping with IMRA policy with no cash at race event. Individual paper maps at €13.50 and set of three for €38. Encapulated maps €20 a pop and €57 for set of three.This is a saving of about 20% of retail price, plus no postage. Maps purchased may be collected at each of the NC races. Those of you who already expressed interest will need to purchase from site, hopefully from tonight.
Paul SmythSep 19 2023, 4:05pmNote that the Cooley map doesn't come in an encapsulated form but is printed on waterproof paper (polyart).
Joe LalorSep 19 2023, 4:34pmThanks, Paul.
Note corrected version of my previous post

paper maps at €13.50 and set of three for €38. Encapulated maps €20 a pop and €53 for set of three, since there is no encapsulated version of Cooley map.
John BellSep 19 2023, 7:59pmJoe, I'd like the Dublin Mountains and Cooley paper maps. Im not sure if you wanted to know in advance or just purchase online when it is available. Thanks for organising.
Joe LalorSep 19 2023, 8:11pmHi John, once they are available on site just go ahead and buy.
I will keep a look at purchases and order from E/W the required amount and have them available at the NC races
liam kennySep 19 2023, 8:13pmHi Joe

Also looking for maps ahead of nav season
liam kennySep 19 2023, 8:14pmSorry just seen you can order
Rachel HarneySep 19 2023, 8:26pmYes please, I need the maps for Nav challenges 1 and 2 please. Many thanks.
Conor O'FarrellSep 20 2023, 7:37amHi All

Maps are now available to purchase in the shop. To buy them, you need to go to the “member/shop” at the top of the page, when logged in.

Con
Rachel HarneySep 20 2023, 1:16pmThanks a mill
Joe LalorSep 24 2023, 2:39pmHave added 5 each of Dublin Mountains and Wicklow SE non encapsulated to options in site shop.
Rachel HarneySep 25 2023, 4:07pmHi, I'm wondering if it is possible to arrange to meet to collect my map (I bought 2 maps through the IMRA portal) ahead of Sunday as I was hoping to photocopy it before Sunday's race?
Kind regards,
Rachel Harney.
Joe LalorSep 25 2023, 4:28pmHi Rachel, maps arrived at my address this morning.
I am based in South Dublin. Email me at slievedjouce@gmail.com if that suits to arrange collection