Irish Mountain
Running Association

WMRA World Masters - Madeira

AuthorDateMessage
Ben MooneyJul 10 2023, 4:00pmM60 Ben Mooney
Gerard DownAug 2 2023, 11:04pmI wonder if many IMRA memvers are thinking of going to Madeira ? I am thinking about it
Martin McDonaldAug 3 2023, 8:32amHi Gerard and Ben, please refer to forum 'World Masters Madiera 2023', it is updated regularly.
Gerard DownAug 3 2023, 3:41pmThanks Martin - I have jsut looked at entry list !! You are going !
Dave RyanAug 3 2023, 11:48pmHi all.
What is the expected standard for entering the Masters.
i'm a first year IMRA runner in the over 60 category.
Áine FlemingAug 10 2023, 8:00pmApologies couldn’t log in to zoom meeting.
Turlough ConwayAug 11 2023, 10:43amHi Dave. Standard is being able to complete the course!
Aine (and Dave) here is a link to Watsapp group set up after zoom meeting last night.
More shared info there:
https://chat.whatsapp.com/JC50y2j79hDB9Gp9ds6wMp

Also check the main Madeira thread here for updates.
Deirdre CollinsAug 12 2023, 7:23pmHi Turlough, I just joined the WhatsApp group. I have sent you an email, I hope you don't mind. All the best, Dee
Gerard DownSep 7 2023, 8:48pmIf there is any lady going to Madeira and who is waiting on delivery of two Ireland tops and a pair of blue shorts, they were delivered to me by mistake - the lady's name may possibly be Browyn . I am going to Madeira and will bring the clothes as I assume they were ordered for World Champs - if anybody knows who this may be please let me know or give the lady my name
Robert MalseedSep 11 2023, 12:07pmWe may be late arriving into Funchal Thursday evening and will most likely miss the opening and number pick up, and we will be staying in Porto Moniz. Will there be anyone to pick up numbers prior to the race Friday morning? and what is available in terms of transport for our ardent fans looking to get to the finish line to watch us stumbling up?
Edel HennessySep 11 2023, 12:43pmHi Robert,
As far as I am aware, you will have to collect your own number. The event manual states athletes or a team leader has to collect the number and photo ID of each athlete is required. There isn't a team leader appointed as far as I know! Last year, we had to make sure that everyone had valid ID to ensure that everyone said who they were on their entry form. You can probably collect your number on Friday morning before your race but I would check yourself on the event manual. The event website has details of a shuttle bus going to/from calheta. The website also has details of shuttle bus to/from finish line so hopefully the fans will be OK!
Turlough has shared a link above to a whatsapp group that he has created which we have been using to communicate about the weekend which has been helpful.
See you at the weekend!
Edel HennessySep 11 2023, 12:45pmThere is another forum topic re the masters which has been the main one for discussion.
Robert MalseedSep 14 2023, 10:37pmWe have arrived in Madeira and its been one disaster after another, and we are staying in Porto Moniz with no way now getting to the venue. So it's all off for me tomorrow