Irish Mountain
Running Association

Leinster & Trail League - End of Season BBQ

AuthorDateMessage
Lillian DeeganJul 4 2023, 4:10pm***Save the date***

We have finalised plans for the Leinster & Trail League summer social. We're going all out for the vegetarian folk amongst us :)

This year we will gather at the Turquoise Cafe just off Ballinastoe/ the old Djouce Golf Club after our Trooperstown race on Wednesday, July 26th.

Tickets for this one will go live in Friday morning at a cost of €10 per person. You can buy multiples should you wish to bring anyone. We have chosen the €30 menu option with IMRA covering the difference.

Our El Presidente Miriam will add a forum msg here as soon as time allows.

Lastly for now from me, I'm looking for two helpers to aid with a couple of little jobs on the night please and thanks.

@Joe B - I will bump your helper msg back up a bit. Sorry for looking to get this one out over your one :)
Miriam MaherJul 4 2023, 5:59pmFollowing up on Lillian's message, we're delighted to be having the EOL leinster and trail league BBQ at the lovely Turquoise Cafe. Earlier this year we gathered there after the tree planting morning from the Carbon offset contributions made by IMRA members over 2022. Beautiful food in a lovely setting.

Two mentions here about the BBQ. Firstly, the ticket for the social will cover the food (including desert) but not drinks. However, drinks are available to purchase for those lucky enough not to be the designated driver!

Secondly, we would like to acknowledge with huge thanks and appreciation the very generous donation made to IMRA by Mercury Engineering. Or...as you will be more familiar with them, Ronan Lynch, Jody Boyle and Dan Geelon. These long term and very active members, both racing and volunteering, organised this donation from their company to IMRA for no other reason than to offer support to the organisation. The donation was given to us to use in whatever way we saw fit. We decided the most appropriate use was to go towards the costs of this social as these members are very active in the Leinster races. Thanks guys!

Hope everyone has a lovely time at the social. Enjoy the last few races coming up for this league.

Miriam
Brian KitsonJul 4 2023, 8:28pmSounds class and massive thanks to the lads at Mercury Engineering for their donation. Looking forward to the festivities.
Lillian DeeganJul 7 2023, 1:33pmHello everyone,

We will be presenting the Leinster Spring, the Leinster Trail and the Leinster League awards at our summer social at the Turquoise Cafe on July 26th.

Congratulations to all who competed in the league events to date. It is great to see a few new names pop up across the scorings along side the familiar faces - well done everyone.

I've pulled winner details from the two completed league tables available to us so far. See below for our Spring and Trail League award winners. The Leinster League table will complete on the night of July 26th once Trooperstown is raced.

The winner awards run from the top 3 Men & Women and the Age Categories from M&F 40 onwards. (M&F35 show on the website for age comparisons tied into the Worlds). With committee having decided to cover car parking fees this year, in place of doing Age Cats. in 5-year prize vouchers at league races, we have agreed to give awards to the 5-year groupings at the social. With great thanks to Hillary J. @Crannmore pottery https://g.co/kgs/TXojt7 we have a lovely selection of items being thrown as I post this msg.

Leinster Spring League w/ 3 races to Score:
1st M: Killian Mooney. 1st F: Becky Quinn.
2nd M: Andrew Fairbrother. 2nd F: Clare Sullivan.
3rd M: Shane O'Reilly. 3rd F: Rebecca Marshall. (Well done Rebecca, as an FJ - great racing).

M14: Cian Charnecki. F14: N/A.
MJ: Odhran Mac Maolain. FJ: N/A

M40: Kevin Looby. F40: Anna Cronin.
M45: Caoimhin Mac Maolain. F45: Alison Underwood.
M50: Liam Vines. F50: Rebecca Carolan.
M55: Gerry McGuinness & Mick Hanney. F55: Anne Lyons.
M60:Brian McConnell. F60: N/A.
M65: Richard Fox. F65: Mary Collins.
M70: Joe Lalor. F70: N/A.
M75: N/A. F75 N/A.
M80: Francis Conroy. F80: N/A.

Leinster Trail League w/ 3 races to score:
1st M: Rory Campbell. 1st F: Deidre McGing.
2nd M: Alan Ayling. 2nd F: Mary McInerney.
3rd: Martin Cullen. 3rd F: Colette Kennedy.

M14: N/A. F14: Skye McConnon.
MJ: N/A. FJ: N/A.

M40: N/A F40: Daniela Boehm.
M45: John Ahern. F45: Joyce Tracey.
M50: Tommy Galvin. F50: N/A.
M55: Anthony Gillen. F55: N/A.
M60: James Higgins. F60: N/A.
M65: John Fitzgearld. F65: N/A.
M70: N/A. F70: Ger Power.
M75: N/A. F75: N/A.
M80: N/A. F80: N/A.

Fingers crossed we've everyone accounted for error free. Do let me know if you notice anything error wise - thanks.

Again, well done to all winners and we hope to see you for the above award presentations on July 26th post Trooperstown.

Committee.
Alistair HodgettJul 19 2023, 6:43pmHi, could this be re-opened for tickets? Looks like it closed a little early.... thanks!
Conor NolanJul 20 2023, 12:14amMe too. Hadn't noticed the cut off was so soon.
Lillian DeeganJul 20 2023, 8:14amWoopsie, my mistake. Thanks for letting me know lads, I’ll get that fixed later this morning.

Lillian
Lillian DeeganJul 20 2023, 12:19pmThis shop is back open again, apologies for the earlier error. We are due to close tomorrow eve. at 18h to send the head count to the venue for food prep.

Our webmaster has looked at the multiple purchase aspect and it should work now too (thx Eoin).

Any further bothers here, give a shout and we’ll sort as best we can.

**Reminder to all**
IMRA is now completely cash less on all event days. Please make shapes now if you are planning to joining us next Wednesday for the social.

Cheers - Lillian
Emily RyanJul 22 2023, 1:22pmHi,
I completely forgot to get a ticket before it closed yesterday is there any chance to buy one?
Derek LivingstoneJul 22 2023, 2:22pmOops! I never purchased a ticket for the BBQ will
there be another chance to buy one,thanks
Matt KaneJul 24 2023, 11:54amSame here! Any chance it's possible to buy a ticket for the BBQ at this point?
Lillian DeeganJul 24 2023, 12:45pmSorry folks, ticket No’s went to the venue last Friday evening. The shop won’t be reopening for this event.
Caitlin BentJul 24 2023, 12:45pmI'm late too for BBQ ticket purchase!
Brian KitsonJul 24 2023, 2:30pmmissed it too (:
Val JonesJul 26 2023, 3:08pmI purchased a ticket but won't make the Barbecue , Caitlin, you can have my slot.
David TimoneyJul 26 2023, 3:21pmHi, We're newbies and Ive registered for this eve (I rany ys ago in IMRA but just getting back into it) . My friend (Gerry Moore Crusaders) missed the deadline to register for the event..any chance it could be opened for 30 mins to let him register for the run this eve? thks
Caitlin BentJul 26 2023, 3:45pmThank you Val. Hope I make it!
Brian FarrenJul 26 2023, 3:59pmHi, Someone I purchased a ticket for now can’t make it so I have a spare ticket for BBQ.
Jarlath HynesJul 26 2023, 4:40pm@Brian, I'll take that if it's still available.
Otherwise, it'll be a homemade ham sandwich at the vegan food fest for me :)
Brian FarrenJul 26 2023, 4:59pmIt’s yours Jarlath
Mark McInerneyJul 26 2023, 8:43pmHi folks, I won't make BBQ. So if someone wants to use my plate. And one of lads from other thread I am using my wifes Claire Heffernan
Brendan LawlorJul 27 2023, 8:18amThanks Lillian, committee and the team at Mercury Engineering for the great feed in the Turquoise Cafe last night. A nice break from the sandwiches !

Well done to all the prize winners