Irish Mountain
Running Association

Connacht Champs 2023

AuthorDateMessage
Anne-Marie FlahertyJun 15 2023, 2:08pmIt's the most wonderful time of the year!

Connacht Champs Camping and BBQ Extravaganza!

Linda is looking into camping for this year's Connacht Champs weekend and we hope to have details on that soon.

We're looking to get an idea of numbers for Camping and BBQ

If you could reply below with your name name and number of people in your party who will be camping and BBQing

Cheers!
Stuart ScottJun 15 2023, 3:14pmBrilliant, thanks both of ye for taking the reins!

I'm hoping to make it over for the Sat night festivities (all going well) so count me in for camping and bbq please. I'll bring the unholy bbq and some wood but if anyone has any more wood please let me know.

Stuart
John BellJun 16 2023, 11:02amCount Peter and me in for the camping and BBQ.
Stephen LavelleJun 19 2023, 7:39amOne for camping and BBQ on Saturday, thanks. Looking forward to it.
Mark McAddenJun 19 2023, 10:07amOne for camping and bbq... Thanks Ann Marie
Kevin O'RiordanJun 19 2023, 11:05amCount me in for BBQ and Saturday night camping.
Brian FureyJun 19 2023, 12:25pmOne for camping for Saturday night and bbq... Thanks Ann Marie
Alan AylingJun 19 2023, 1:05pmCamping (well, van) & BBQ please!
Have Brendan Lawlor and the Early Starters been booked yet? :-)
Anne-Marie FlahertyJun 19 2023, 1:34pmWe're in contact with their agent, Alan.

Waiting on the rider.
Louis MulleeJun 19 2023, 2:16pmCamping and BBQ for me as well, thanks!
Anne HodgeJun 19 2023, 2:58pmHi there
2 for the BBQ please. Anne and Peter
Joan RyanJun 25 2023, 8:16pmThanks Anne-Marie and Linda. 1 for car camping and BBQ please.
Andrew TeesJun 26 2023, 9:11amOne for camping (campervan) and BBQ on Sat... Thanks!
Anne-Marie FlahertyJun 27 2023, 8:40pmBumping this so we can get an idea of numbers for camping and BBQ
Linda RowdenJun 28 2023, 1:02pmHi all,
The campsite in Lecanvy is booked.
Camping is €10 per person per night, and we’ve made a booking from Friday evening.
For anyone who hasn't camped here before, the campsite is on the R335 and is at the foot of Croagh Patrick. If coming from Westport, it is about 500m after Staunton's Pub on the left-hand side. There are polytunnels at the front of the house and a driveway along the side of the house that leads into the campsite.
Lecanvy Pier is across the road and is a lovely spot for swimming.

If anyone has wood for the fire-pit, please do bring it.

If anyone else is interested in BBQ, drinks, chats, sing-songs and general merriment at the most wonderful weekend of the year, post here or email me @ Lindaf.rowden@gmail.com
Dan KeaneJun 28 2023, 3:50pmHi,

I'd like to book in with a Campervan for the Saturday night, please.

Many thanks,
Dan
Seán QuirkeJun 28 2023, 4:12pmOne for camping and BBQ Saturday night please
David WalshJun 29 2023, 9:10pmHello, can I book a campervan for Saturday night please, thanks
Richard DunneJun 30 2023, 2:45pmLate shout guys but yea in for camping and barbecue Saturday eh. Cheers richie
Linda RowdenJun 30 2023, 3:30pmGoogle map link to campsite:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/pvP42WEVEbzuNV5s6?g_st=iw

Looking forward to this weekend!!
Linda
Desie ShortenJun 30 2023, 4:30pmOn my way for two nights x 1 person. Thanks for organising.
Desie ShortenJun 30 2023, 5:00pmI'm sure it will be worth it. At the moment I feel like turning around and going back home. 4 hours on the road now and only covered 158kms, o là flipping là.
Andrew TeesJul 3 2023, 8:54amThanks to all involved in organising the CC weekend, great racing and great company, well worth the long drive down!
Fergus GlynnJul 3 2023, 10:26amMassive thanks to all involved ( and there were quite a few of you!!) for hosting/organizing the Mweelrea and Nephin races. Were my first IMRA races. Really impressed by the low key but flawlessly solid organization, the welcome and not least the BBQ on Sat night. The open mountain descents were a particular highlight. Evidently lots of behind the scenes work goes in , lots of often unacknowledged hours for which i am very grateful.