Irish Mountain
Running Association

Garmin GPS Watches

AuthorDateMessage
Stuart ScottMar 28 2023, 4:58pmHi all,

Does anyone else use the Garmin Instinct Solar GPS watch? Mine's started having battery issues and randomly turning itself off. It'll only turn on then if it's plugged into the charger for a millisecond. Have you experienced the same issue and did you manage to fix it? I've only had it 2.5 years. The Garmin forums don't seem too promising and I've ended up in a continuous loop trying to work out how to contact their 'support' department.

If I do have to bin it, I definitely wouldn't buy from Garmin again. What alternatives would you recommend?

Thanks!

Stuart
Fiona Ni MhullainMar 28 2023, 5:04pmHi Stuart,
If you go to their Irish support site
https://support.garmin.com/en-IE/?productID=775421&tab=topics&topicTag=region_batterycharging
Then go past the FAQ section there is a chat section.
I have found them excellent with support and they will replace watches if still in warranty.

A factory reset can often help battery life too.
Stuart ScottApr 24 2023, 2:48pmHi Fiona,

Just wanted to say a belated thanks for the advice. I eventually found the Garmin chat facility (thanks to your instructions!) and within minutes they'd arranged for it to be returned and a replacement posted out free of charge. The whole process took about 3 weeks and I had to opt for an ostentatious pink colour (as the more office-appropriate black was conveniently 'out of stock') but all in all, it was a very painless process and it's renewed my faith in Garmin. Thanks again!

Stuart