Irish Mountain
Running Association

Killiney Hill Relay Charity Race

AuthorDateMessage
Miriam MaherFeb 1 2023, 4:51pmAs this is the first of our charity races for 2023, we'd like to invite members, as in previous years, to put forward charities which they would like to see benefit from this event.

The committee with look at all charities proposed and decide on one. If you would like to put a charity forward please check on the Charities Regulator website to ensure that it is a registered charity.

If your charity is selected we would ask that you help out at for the event by adding your name to the volunteer list.

Details can be sent to me at president@imra.ie by February 13th 2022.

Many thanks

Miriam
Niamh O'CeallaighMar 21 2023, 10:00pmThere are plenty of volunteers signed up for this race now. Thank you very much. I will be in touch shortly :-)
Miriam MaherMar 22 2023, 3:18pmThanks Niamh for taking this event on.

The charity chosen this year to be in receipt of monies raised at the relay is the Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association (IMNDA) https://imnda.ie/

Thanks in advance for your support!

Miriam
Andrew HanneyApr 1 2023, 5:39pmWednesday nights are back….Time to sign up for this great event.
Niamh O'CeallaighApr 3 2023, 2:04pmHi all,
Just letting you know that the follow the string race for small children is back this year with a lovely prize for all. This run is free of charge and suitable for all smallies. It will be about 400m. It will happen at 7:25 so the adults can cheer them on before the start of the main race.
Eamonn HodgeApr 3 2023, 4:35pmHi Niamh, how small is small. I have a 7 and 8 year old. Too old?
Phil behanApr 4 2023, 9:01amMorning all, a few of our juniors from Raheny Shamrocks will attend this tonight. Can they be on the same team with myself ? Approx 3 kids aged 11-12. Thanks
Phil behanApr 4 2023, 9:02amTomorrow night sorry
Sean Sheridan-O'GormanApr 4 2023, 8:43pmHi Niamh,

Was slammed today and missed the reg for the Killiney Hill - any chance I could still register for it somehow??

Cheers,
Seán
Niamh O'CeallaighApr 4 2023, 10:09pm@Eamon - Any age at all welcome. 7/8 is perfect. We'll send the older ones on a second loop.
Niamh O'CeallaighApr 4 2023, 10:11pm@phil That won't be a problem. Talk to me at registration and I will give them a matching race number before the general draw.
Niamh O'CeallaighApr 4 2023, 10:13pm@Sean Officially reply.... absolutely not.

Unofficially, if you are a registered member for 2023 and throw a donation in the bucket at registration, we will sort you out.
Gareth LittleApr 5 2023, 1:51pmAfternoon all,

The eagled eyed among you may have noticed that there are a few small changes to this year's relay route, as per the map page.

The 3 main changes are as follows:

- The start direction will head towards the playground where there will be a left hand turn up a wide forest track. This will lead you out onto the main tarmac path and then towards the coffee shop.

- At the coffee shop, the course turns sharp left here and up through the trees via a single track. When you come out at the top you will be very close to the Obelisk. A marshal will then turn you down through the usual fast (and slippy) section through the trees.

- The last change you will note is that when you are on the steps approaching the building at Dalkey hill, you will be turned left into the trees and will pass this building to its left, then you will pass the airplane beacon to its left too with the finish though the trees being as per previous years.

The route will be very well marked and there will be plenty of marshals to guide you so enjoy!

Thanks,

Gareth
susan dixonApr 5 2023, 1:52pmIs the follow the string race on grass or in a forest? Sorry random i know but im bringing 2 out of 3 kids and wondering if it would be suitable for the 3rd. Thanks
Eamonn HodgeApr 5 2023, 2:51pmThat's great, thanks Niamh
Phil behanApr 6 2023, 8:54amThanks to all the volunteers for last night. Our Raheny juniors absolutely loved the race. Thanks again. Phil
Ronan HickeyApr 6 2023, 9:51amThat kids race was possibly the best thing I have ever seen in IMRA. The pure joy of the kids. Brilliant idea!
Alan KennedyApr 6 2023, 10:24amAgree with Ronan, that race was brilliant. And also meant loads of kids there to meet their parents at the end of their run. And kudus to the that dad that had to do three full laps with his kids from the Shamrock club. Well done to Niamh & team for a fun event.
Ronan HickeyApr 6 2023, 10:26amYeah, I was shouting advice to the Raheny kid ("There's a sharp left up here") without realising that this was his second time around, and when I collapsed in a snotty heap at the line he was off to do Leg 3. Love it!
Gareth LittleApr 6 2023, 4:29pmThanks Niamh and all the other helpers last night. It's nice to have Wednesday evening racing back!

I think the kids race was the highlight of the night, for both the kids and the adults. Its a great addition to the main event.