Irish Mountain
Running Association

Stone Cross to Lug SOLO

AuthorDateMessage
Jarlath HynesJul 22 2022, 10:55amEntries will open for this race in early August.
Race booklet has been updated & will be uploaded to Event page soon (most of the details haven't changed anyway).
Entry fee will also be confirmed asap.
John MurrayJul 26 2022, 5:51pmFavourite race of the year. Always great craic before during and after.
Jarlath HynesJul 28 2022, 11:33amEntry for this race opens on Tuesday 3rd August.

For first time Stone Cross to Lug solo runners, there is a pre-entry requirement, all details are in updated booklet (link on Event page).
Thanks to those who have email already, I'll be in touch with you today/tomorrow.
Jim WalshAug 13 2022, 8:20pmHi Jarlath will there be a bin at the checkpoints for trash seeing as the drop bags won’t be brought to the finish?
Thanks in advance
Jarlath HynesAug 14 2022, 8:17am@ Jim, there won't be an 'official bin' for 'trash' but we'll find a space for any bottles/bags/energy bars etc that are left behind.... :)
Jim WalshAug 14 2022, 10:32pmMany thanks
Jarlath HynesAug 20 2022, 10:12pmProvisional results are now posted in 'reports'.

Firstly, thanks to everyone who signed up & raced today, it was a pleasure to share the day with you all as you took on the epic Stone Cross to Lug challenge. Huge congratulations to Enda on setting a new course record (6hrs 26min 1 sec). And also to Orla McEvoy on her fantastic performance after deciding to take on the Solo at relatively short notice.

Secondly, thanks to the great team of volunteers, the 'one & only' Lillian (who did all the hard work looking after the trackers!), Caroline, John, Phil, Michael & Alison who did everything else so I could swan around drinking tea & eating sandwiches all day...
And also thanks to Fenton's for the usual great hospitality.

Sleep well, see you all again soon on the hills.
Phil behanAug 20 2022, 10:58pmFair play for keeping this one alive Jarlath and crew. Well done to all who ran. I lashed up some photos so tag away.
Jim WalshAug 21 2022, 6:50amMany thanks to Jarlath and all the other volunteers for a really well organised event.
Declan McInerneyAug 21 2022, 10:19amThank you very much to Jarlath, Lillian, all the volunteers and runners for a great day out on the hills. A fantastic race, looking forward to next year!
Peter DoyleAug 21 2022, 10:52amThanks to Jarlath, Lillian and co for great (if long) day in the mountains yesterday.
Certainly a unique event and delighted to finish.

Jarlath was using my car to ferry bags and other bits and pieces from start to checkpoints and on to the end and few things left in it that are looking for owners.

1. Green and beige Airwalk backpack with various flasks, coffee cups, food bags, etc in it

2. A Mountain Warehouee rain jacket, size M. grey with orange trim

3. A large navy blue rain poncho.

@ Jarlath: should these be returned to IMRA?
I'm north county Dublin based so let me know what is best thing to do with them.
Jarlath HynesAug 21 2022, 11:30am@Peter, email sent to you, I know who owns that gear...
Gerry McGuinnessAug 21 2022, 1:03pmThanksJarlath, Lillian, all the volunteers who made yesterday's race such a great day.
liam kennyAug 21 2022, 3:20pmThank you Jarlath and crew great day on the hills
Rosy TempleAug 21 2022, 5:09pmThank you Jarlath and all the volunteer team for a great day out in the hills and a happy afternoon whiled away in Fentons with a Guinness and seeing the runners finish, well done all!
Brian FureyAug 21 2022, 8:05pmThanks Jarlath and all volunteers for putting on a great race. Great encouragements at the transition points and help with swapping bottles.
Sean ForsythAug 22 2022, 10:14amA huge thank you to Caroline, Phil and Michael for the long day volunteering, a special thank you to Lillian and Alison for getting through CP2,( and also the long day out) I'm not sure I would have gone on without your help, also to Jim Walsh for running with me up to Conavalla.

A huge thanks to Jarlath for taking on the RD for this amazing race. An absolute belter that should definitely have more runners than it gets.

A beast of a course but we'll worth the sore legs
John MurrayAug 22 2022, 1:48pmA massive thanks to Jarlath and his super band of volunteers for providing us with the support and encouragement resulting in yet another cracking day out on the hills from Stone Cross to Lug and down into Fenton's for well deserved pints and slagging's. :)

A special thanks to Michael for the lift afterwards. Much appreciated.

It would be great to see more people entered next year. Its a fabulous race, nobody ever regrets it. Don't be scared of the navigation, it's all part of the fun and with a couple of recce's you can begin to hone a route that suits you. Everyone has their own lines and this is what makes this race so interesting. What you shouldn't do is enter this race and try to shadow someone who knows their way around. You might make the finish line without too many errors but their is no real satisfaction in that. Besides, if you do try to follow someone who knows their way the chances are they will lead you astray off the route to shake you off! :) Again all part of the fun. Better to know your way around. It's a race full of tactics, isn't that right Liam Vines! :)

If anyone is thinking about doing this next year and needs any advice, motivation or help with recce's then get in touch, I'm more than happy to help you out. The more people at the start line next year the better.

Lastly, congrats to Enda on smashing the course record!
Andreas KuschAug 22 2022, 2:17pmThanks again to everyone who volunteered and helped. Brilliant day out.
If you like this kind of event you should have a look at the Mourne Mountain marathon. https://mourne2day.com/