Irish Mountain
Running Association

Scarr/Lough Dan

AuthorDateMessage
Muireann CodyJun 14 2022, 10:28amHi, I had planned to do this run and bring a couple of friends who are visiting from the States but I have now a work diary clash I can't get out of. Cheeky request but if anyone is driving from or through the Dundrum area could they take two passengers with them? They are big trail/mountain runners and this was to be a highlight for them on their trip here.
Laura FlynnJun 14 2022, 11:09amHi Muireann. You’ve picked a nice one for them. This is a great route.
We have a limit imposed by National Parks of 100 for this race so I’d advise them and anyone else keen to run to make sure and register as soon as possible after it opens.
Hugh McDowellJun 20 2022, 1:01pmMuireann, I will almost certainly be running this race and I would be happy to bring them. My email is hugh mcdowell 88 @ gmail dot com.
Muireann CodyJun 22 2022, 9:24am@Laura. Thanks for that. I have warned them to register in time. I am just sorry to be missing it myself.
@Hugh. Thanks a mill. So kind! A friend of mine has offered to take them but I will keep you as back up if you don't mind as we all know best laid plans etc.
Eamonn HodgeYesterday, 9:04am25 entries sold in 3 minutes!
Jim WalshYesterday, 9:14amHi Folks, what are the details for a junior entry? Do I just show up with my son or do I need to pay entry in advance? I don't see any options for selecting junior entries.
Thanks in advance.
Joe LalorYesterday, 9:35amHi Jim, see forum posting of Jan 31st, might be some help
Maeve OReillyYesterday, 9:56am@Jim Create an account for the junior, shop for race + membership from that account.
How long (approx kms) is the junior race?
Eva FairmanerYesterday, 10:02amJust a gentle reminder - Roisin had a Scarr/Lough Dan thread already opened so it is a good idea to check before you start a new topic that there is not one there already. Important information can be lost if there are two or more threads running relating to the same topic.
Jim WalshYesterday, 10:09amCheers for all the info!
Eimear O'BrienYesterday, 2:47pmHi, just wondering if there will be anymore entries for wed, I just went to register online and sold out already. If someone has an entry they don’t want closer to the time please let me know:) Thanks:)
Maeve Maher-McWilliamsYesterday, 8:25pmIn a similar boat to Eimear - any entries going, I'd be delighted to take one. Wondering are voucher's allowed in this race? Thanks, Maeve
Laura FlynnYesterday, 9:43pmHi Eimear and Maeve, unfortunately we don’t allow transfers and we’re not accepting vouchers at tomorrow’s race due to the restriction on numbers.
Laura FlynnYesterday, 9:52pmWe will have an early start on Wednesday at 7pm. The early start is for the long course only.
If your preference is to do the short course please do not take the early start as this will create confusion for the results/laptop.
Please tell the registration team at registration if you intend doing the early start.
Looking forward to seeing you all.