Irish Mountain
Running Association

Reeks Skyline & Carrauntohill Classic Weekend

AuthorDateMessage
Robbie WilliamsMay 13 2022, 8:47pmHi Everyone

I’m aiming to make another good weekend in the Reeks.
The races will take place on Sat 16th & Sun 17th of July.

I have reserved the full field for camping so please book in here if you wish to camp .

Saturday will see the Skyline & Sunday will see the Cronins Yard 5km & the Carrauntohill Classic.

I will be hoping some of you can volunteer for either race .

This year I have organized a marquee so on the sat and sun we will have barbecue, mountain movie, and beer each night. I hope this will become a lovely mountain summer running mini festival.

I will update with more info as I get it
Simon DugganMay 28 2022, 1:24pmHi Robbie. It sounds like you have an fantastic weekend in-store. Fair play to your commitment to the sport.

I just wanted to air a thought on the start time for the Reeks in the event we have weather like last year. If we are looking at 22°+, is there a possibility of an earlier start? Maybe this is not possible from a logistics perspective; marshals having to hike to locations etc. Thanks.
Andrew CoghlanJun 2 2022, 9:06pmI’d hope to run Saturday and can volunteer on Sunday. I’ll stay at the campsite too. Will it be available from Friday pm?
Robbie WilliamsJun 5 2022, 8:23pmHi Lads

Yes I’m
Looking to bring BOTH races earlier this year

The skyline on the Saturday suffered with heat so will hope to move closer to 8:30am approx

The Classic will have to move earlier in accordance with talks with the permit and the large amounts of people on the mountain so will prob move much closer to 11am approx but will announce all in next few days

Hope we can get another great weekend in the sun again this year…

Please book camping with me personally as need to manage to total amount tenting

Mail me at : robbie DOT williams AT imra DOT ie
Robbie WilliamsJun 6 2022, 9:13pmThese 2 races are now open for purchase guys

As always … be sure before you enter .. no refunds or transfers allowed

Can all runners for Skyline be sure to send application first by email.

If you have run the race in past 3 years, you do not need to mail me.

Thank you

Robbie
Tom McloughlinJun 13 2022, 2:46pmHi all, hoping to get down to recce the route in the next couple weeks if anyone is interested in joining - not certain on the date yet, open to going on a week day.

Tom
Tom McloughlinJun 13 2022, 2:47pm*The Skyline course
Barry WalshJun 26 2022, 10:22pmThis sounds great Robbie, perfect weekend and race series for such an event.

Just wondering, the 5k and classic are currently down to start at the same time ~ will this be the case? Myself and my wife were hoping to run one each but the small matter of an 8 month old needing minding means the same start time makes it an imposssibilty!
Ann HoranJun 27 2022, 2:05pm@Barry Walsh
Are you looking for
A) Clarification that the races are indeed clashing?
B) Robbie to provide a babysitting service at the start line for your 8 month old?
C) Robbie to change the race time to suit you?
Warren SwordsJun 27 2022, 2:57pmI know it's Monday but Barry is just seeking clarification that the races start at same time this year, which would be a change from last year.

The Classic was on at 1pm last year and the Trail started at 11am thus allowing Barry and his wife to run both races.
Ann HoranJun 27 2022, 3:48pmSorry Warren/Barry.Didn’t realise start times were different last year. Just seeing situation from an organiser’s viewpoint and felt a bit sorry for Robbie.
Not cranky on a Monday. Quite the opposite, on holidays for two months so too much time on my hands.
Barry WalshJun 27 2022, 6:21pmEr...what Warren said. Just trying to make plans not influence race times.
Robbie WilliamsJul 4 2022, 4:47pmBarry my wife and few of her pals all staying down and they have plenty kids there… it shouldn’t be a bother him/her hanging out with them for a half hour while your wife races the trail. It’s a kids paradise down there.
Eoin KeithJul 4 2022, 5:19pmAh Robbie, that's a classic case where a comma could make a big difference to how that is interpreted... congratulations to yourself and Barry on your nuptials :)
Barry WalshJul 5 2022, 10:22pmNice one for the offer Robbie, we will see how it goes!

Thanks Eoin, it was another beautiful weekend ;)
Gaelan ElliffeJul 11 2022, 8:09pmHi Robbie,

Can I ask to reserve a tent pitch for Friday and Saturday night please?

Cheers,
Gaelan
Robbie WilliamsJul 11 2022, 8:52pmUpdate:

BBQ ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY BUT WONT BE DOING MARQUEE AND MOVIES LADS IM AFRAID

FEW BEERS AND FEW TUNES WILl HAVE TO SUFFICE !
Robbie WilliamsJul 11 2022, 8:52pmGaelan

That’s fine
ruth ní fhionnáinJul 11 2022, 9:29pmHello Robbie. Looking forward to the race in Killarney this weekend. Would it be possible to book a space for two tents for Fri and Sat night for three runners and our two kids. Just checking, is the camping beside Cronin's Yard? Thanks
Robert CostelloJul 11 2022, 10:14pmRobbie,
Can I reserve a pitch for Saturday night?
Cheers,
Rob
Robbie WilliamsJul 12 2022, 2:53pmYa rob

See new thread there
Adrian HennessyJul 15 2022, 7:09pmAnyone passing through Castlemaine or thereabouts on Saturday morning that could give me a lift to Cronins yard?
Patrick KissaneJul 15 2022, 8:20pmWhat's the plan for volunteers?
Robbie WilliamsJul 15 2022, 11:04pmPaudie I send you an email

I need your mobile to add you to Watsapp group
Patrick KissaneJul 15 2022, 11:30pmI only got a race info email. My number is 085 one one 754 zero six.
Simon DugganJul 16 2022, 6:41amHi folks. Any tracker link for our respective fan clubs? ;-)
Simon DugganJul 16 2022, 6:58amJust received it

http://live.primaltracking.com/reeksskyline22/
Eoin Mac MahonJul 17 2022, 5:21pmSome weekend thanks a million Robbie & team
Brendan CollinsJul 17 2022, 6:20pmThanks to Robbie and team for a great race.